Jambands.ca

DIESEL DOG/.CONTACT , THIS FRIDAY, PJC.

kc

I'm at the center of no afterparty? how does that work? haven't been over after the bar since the Bouche and Ms. Hux were in town... in any case wasn't trying to imply it was your responsibility, you've been graciously hospitable lots of times

I'm just pullin' your chain a little buddy. :D (You know that my love for you in unwavering!)

The issue at the last after-party was smokers. As anyone who's been here knows, I don't let people smoke cigarettes inside the house. This of course means a chunk of people hanging outside and smoking and chatting. Well it seems my neighbours sleep (or try to) with the windows open so apparently they didn't get any sleep at all. Obviously I can't continue to do that to them but I also can't stop partying. Any good ideas?

if you have a couple of lawn chairs set them up near the back fence with a coffee tin there for the cigarette butts and tell people thats the smoking area

encourage people to do a walk around the block when they need to go for a butt to cause less localized traffic, and leave a tin on the front porch for butts

let people smoke in the basement once every few weeks or a month when there are quite a few people over (causing much less noise)... just move any clothes or blankets down there upstairs until the next day... in non-smoking houses I've had a full party smoke out in one room clears of odour in 2 to 5 hours

Sorry I missed this one ... ended up taking my kids to the CNE and got back pretty late and tired ... I need a fix of Diesel Dog ... it's been too long ... looking forward to it at the Come Together Fest!

And it's been even longer since I heard Contact ... hopefully some people showed up early for them ... I had fun dancing to them at the last Come Together Fest and would like to see them again at night at some point ... and man oh man can Shakey play the pickles ... and the congas! ::

Peace, Mark

fun indeed, good time hanging out with Super Freak, Dancin' Man, paisley, KC, Rachel (TimmyB's lady), Tooly, Brahguy, bokonon, the North Halton Deadhead Family (it was Jamie's last show in Canada for 2 years as she's moved to Bali as of today) and of course the Diesel Dog boys and girl.

See ya all soon