Jambands.ca

Hey Kung Ratdog at the Docks, TO, Fri. Nov. 12th!

Hux

That's right ladies and gentlemen, Bob Weir and Ratdog, absolute MONSTERS of their respective instruments, that they can both play a heart wrenching ballad and kick out a killer groove, turn and stop on a dime, telepathically communicate, virtuosically leap, take chances over and over again and succeed, precariously cross a narrow rope bridge over an enormous gorge on their hands.....

....are bringing their sick Berkeley-groove (no wank) back to TO!!

Bob Weir and Ratdog

Live at The Docks

Fri. Nov. 12th

details TBA

I'll be there with my "Bobby - play Looks Like Rain!" sign, and box of tissues at the ready....

A story that Bob Weir used to tell frequently on stage during pauses for broken strings etc. This is the version from Europe '72:

"Now what I think I'll do, is I'll take this opportunity to tell y'all a story. 'Cause y'all haven't heard it yet. And it goes like this. There was a fellow, and he had a dog, a pet dog. And he used to walk his dog around, every now and again. And anyway, well, it was a hot summer day and he walking his dog, and he thought he'd stop off at the bar and have himself a beer. And he did just that. He walked into the bar, and he walked up to the bar. And he put his change on the bar, and he said to the bartender, "I'd like a glass of beer." And the bartender said, "Certainly, Sir, coming right up." Meanwhile, while he was waiting for his beer, he looked down the bar and there was this fellow sitting down the bar with a big black slick mean-looking dog. Now the fellow down the other side of the bar, with the short fat squat ugly little yellow dog, said ... nothing. But the guy with the big black slick mean-looking dog looked down the bar at the guy with the short fat squat ugly little yellow dog, and said "hey that sure is an ugly little dog you got there, mister. All short fat squat ugly and yellow." Well the guy with the short fat squat ugly little yellow dog said to the guy with the big black sleek mean-looking dog "yeah, well he may be ugly but he sure can fight." And the guy with the big black slick mean-looking dog said to the guy with the short fat squat ugly little yellow dog, "Yeah?" The guy with the short fat squat ugly little yellow dog said, "Yeah." So they decided they'd take them both out back behind the bar and let them fight it out. "I'll put a fiver on mine. You put a fiver on yours. Winner take home the bucks." They figured that was a good idea and they did just that. They took them out the back and they let them fight it out. And the short fat squat ugly little yellow dog just kicked you-know-what out the big black slick mean-looking dog. And when the fight was over and the big black slick mean-looking dog was over in the corner licking his wounds, the short fat squat ugly little yellow dog was hopping around, the guy with the big black slick mean-looking dog allowed as, yeah, the short fat squat ugly little yellow dog sure could fight. But ... "I never seen a dog look like that before, all short fat squat little ugly and yellow. What kind of dog is that anyway?" And the guy with the short fat squat ugly little yellow dog said to the guy with the big black slick mean-looking dog, "Yeah, well he used to be an alligator before I cut his tail off and painted him yellow."

This is a hidden track on the second disk of "Europe '72" on the remastered version, first issued as part of the box set.