Jambands.ca

R.I.P. Christopher Reeve

Jaimoe

that is one helluva shocker today.

Superman was definately one of the first memorable theatre experiences in my life. I remember that part of the seventies very well.

He defined that role, or it defined him. I'm not sure which, but now I have to go and buy the dvd.

He experienced a great tragedy in 95 when he injured himself, and we watched him over the years in newsclips, exceed beyond what anyone could have imagined from a paralized person.

Bon soirez Christopher

christopher reeve is probably the very first actor i can remember liking -- i used to LOVE the superman movies when i was a kid (in fact, i still do), he gave you such hope for the world by the end of each one. i still think he is the best superman ever. i was absolutely devastated for him when he got into the horse accident, but the way he continued on with his life after that is truly inspiring. i was quite sad to hear of his passing... but hopefully wherever he is he's flying. :)

great pic, lowroller.

My friend and co-worker's son is confined to a wheelchair with a severe spinal cord injury - he was just doing what kids do, climbing a tree, when he fell.

The news about Reeve hit her really hard and serves as a reminder to me just what this man meant to people - he wasn't just an inspiration in the Hollywood, tinsel sense - he touched real people by not giving up.

Last night, one of the news networks ran a clip of him reciting his favorite jokes he'd heard about his fall. What a guy - the jokes were hurtful and tasteless but he wasn't judgmental at all, he took them in stride. Such grace and dignity.

I agree Marco. And certainly the love of his wife is an inspiration to us all. It teaches us the true meaning of "in sickness and in health". I commend her on living up to that vow and pray that I would have the strength if (heaven forbid) a similar circumstance was thrust upon Bouche and I.

Her love is what kept him going and I heard her in an interview, when asked if she ever thought of giving up on him, say "He's a wonderful man. Who wouldn't want to be with him?"