Jambands.ca

Favorite moe. studio albums

TimmyB

Here's a list of my favorite moe. studio albums.

1. Tin Cans and Car Tires (550 Music/Sony 1998) Produced by John Alagia & moe. Engineered by John Siket

2. No Doy (550 Music/Sony 1996) Produced by John Porter Engineered by Joe McGarth

3. Dither (Fatboy Records 2000) Produced by John Siket & moe. Engineered by John Siket & Bill Emmons

4. Wormwood (Fatboy Records/iMUSIC/BMG 2003) Produced by moe. Engineered by Bill Emmons

5. Headseed (Fatboy 1994) Produced by moe. Engineered by Andrew Buscher

6. Fatboy (Fatboy 1992) Produced by moe. & Andrew Buscher Engineered by Andrew Buscher

What's yours?

I like em all. Every album is awesome for a different reason. i even like fatboy and headseed- back when moe. was raw, eccentric and wacky, almost like a white Fishbone without the crack, or horns. Glad to see Y.O.Y., flo and Dr Graf, showing up on setlists again!

I think wormwood is the best 'jamband' album i've ever heard, especially considering the way they produced it, definitley is a great work in its continuity and cohesiveness. No Doy is the one that got me hooked- those tunes are all pretty undeniable, Tin cans and Tire Cars is where their diversity and matured musicality really started to show. Dither seems like their closest attempt to a pop album, but it still feel like moe, with some really great texturing and production weirdness on a few tracks. So to answer your question i like em all.

I'll be sad to miss this Canadian run. please do it up for the boys and make sure they come back next year! Last year Barrymores was the heat!! bring your granny!

DERHAK FOR PRESIDENT ~ 2008!

I'm with GM, Wormwood is a jamband masterpiece and really represents what the band was all about circa 2002. After that... No Doy certainly has all the favourites and Dither has great production (see the use of Rhodes on Tambourine).