Jambands.ca

x

Joan

Actually, nero's doing three shows: Dec. 9 (Guelph), 10 (K/W), 11 (Hamilton), and I'm hoping to be at all three.

After that, I don't have much in my day-timer, except for maybe Kevin Breit & The Sisters Euclid at the Orbit Room in Toronto on Dec. 27, maybe The Spades at the Horseshoe Tavern (Toronto) on Dec. 28, then nero, nero, and more nero on Dec. 31 at Mavericks (Ottawa).

Aloha,

Brad

actually, for anyone else checking this thread just to see what actually is going on in ontario, i just checked call the office's website, and here's a nice little run of shows for all the indie rockers in the crowd...

Thursday 16 THE LOWEST OF THE LOW.

tickets on sale soon!!

$10 advance. opener is TBA. show starts at 10:00. show is 19+.

Friday 17 CONTROLLER. CONTROLLER wsg READ YELLOW, UNCUT.

$7 at the door. local opener is TBA. show starts 10:00.

Saturday 18 C'MON wsg STARVIN' HUNGRY, SHIKASTA, DISTORTION.

$5 at the door. it's Ian Blurton's Birthday!. show starts 10:00.

i would definitely like to check out the lowest of the low, and i saw C'MON opening up for someone a little while back and they were awesome... rock rock rock!!! ian blurton i believe used to be in change of heart, and after that he had his own band Blurtonia, which was also a rockin' outfit. basically, anything i've seen ian blurton in has been balls out good time rock music, and i recommend seeing any of his bands.

i've also heard really good things about controller controller, too, and it'd be nice to see them in an headlining slot... should be a fun weekend... here's hoping it works out!

I'm not trying to be a buzzkill, but if your money's tight you could probably skip Controller Controller. I haven't figured out why these guys are getting the press they're getting....I find their "soundscapes" yawn-inspiring and the equivalent of say...Cavern in the Jamband world.

oh christ.. dont get all marcO sensitive on me... ;)

have yet to see the weakerthans, but have heard the same thing, and just havent bothered...

for the record, i think the stills would have been great if it was really loud on my stereo and i was laying on my floor with a massive joint... but after jason collett opened up and rocked that place, i just wasnt in the mood.

hah! and i guess i'll end it after this one, too... wilco probably had the coolest moment i saw in 2004, when garth hudson joined them for the encore at massey hall.. but i think i saw a better show or 2... i dont even think it was the best wilco show i've seen... but still great, nevertheless.

edit: no problem, megs..