Jambands.ca

Introducing...

Giggles

The long awaited Yiari GY2E...this is THE guitar the late great master guitarist Jerry Garcia was designing with the master luthiers of the Yiari guitar company.

GY2E.jpg

It is of a jumbo body design, has a solid Spruce top and the highly figured and very beautiful Austrailian Lacewood back and sides. The guitar was compleated in design with the assistance of Warren Haynes. It has a price tag of $2,899.00 US

Mine arrives at my store in the next couple weeks...EACH YOUR HEART OUT BOOCHIES/BOUCHIES...

Gawpo Giggles :: :: ::

OK fine...here are some shots of the works of Master Luthier Luis Feu de Mesquita. I have been selected to apprentice with him for the next five years. This has me more excited than you could possibly imagine. In guitar building, you usually have a master that specializes in one or maybe two styles of guitar making (ie- classical and flamenco or dreadnaught and O.M , folk...whatever)...Master Feu is hands down THE finest builder I have ever had the luck of playing his instruments (and where I work, only the best of the best come in here...we have instruments that are valued in excess of 3.5million US)...he can build anything and its playability and sound is unmatched by any other instrument (I've played Hausers, Fleta's, Ramirez'...all them)!!!

Anyways, feast your eyes kids...

pic-10.jpgThis is Babypic-11.jpgBabypic-13.jpgBaby

pic-1.jpgThis is Sarapic-2.jpgSarapic-5.jpgSara

pic-1.jpgThis is Andrepic-2.jpgAndrepic-4.jpgAndre

pic-8.jpgThis is Rosepic-9.jpgRosepic-011.jpg

pic-2.jpgAnd finally, this is Matiaspic-3.jpgMatiaspic-6.jpgMatiaspic-7.jpg

I am the manager of the guitar dept. at The Remenyi House of Music. The store is 120+ years old. We are the Steinway dealer for Toronto and we are actually considered to be one of the finer music store is N. America as our violin collection (which we specialize in) has a value of in excess of $46 million US...YES, we do have REAL Stradivarius violins (I have held two myself) Guarneri, Amati blah, blah, blah...

I have fun at work...

Thanks Bouche...I will certainly keep you mind and cater to whatever you'd like for your personal gitter...

In reality, Luis has let me know that I'll be building no more than 12 guitars a year...I'll be maintaining my position as manager at Remenyi, but I'll be locked away in a room with the other master luthiers (violin) creating beautiful instruments...EXCITED...my apprenticeship starts in April!!!

Thanks Bouche...I will certainly keep you mind and cater to whatever you'd like for your personal gitter...

In reality, Luis has let me know that I'll be building no more than 12 guitars a year...I'll be maintaining my position as manager at Remenyi, but I'll be locked away in a room with the other master luthiers (violin) creating beautiful instruments...EXCITED...my apprenticeship starts in April!!!

beautiful! what a great thing to hear

congratulations indeed!

Thanks Paisley! This is actually my dream come true...as a kid, I trained as a classical violinist but always found myself more intrigued by the beauty of the instrument. I've wanted to become a luthier for more than half my life and its in the process...I couldn't be happier really. I know that it may be a slow go for a while, but I'll be doing what makes me happy and anyone that knows the Giggles knows that that is whats most important for me...AND I WISH YOU ALL THE GREATEST HAPPINESS ASWELL!!!

May the blessings be,