Jambands.ca

Solar Circus

CyberHippie

The last time I saw them, they only had an LP, "Juggling Suns". They were playing with Days of You at the time.

Are they still around? They were a great band, and really good guys.

They stayed with me once (along with DoY), and they were a pleasure to have; especially because their drummer claimed to "love housework", and insisted on cleaning a mammoth pile of dishes that had been in my kitchen since time immemorial.

No I dont believe they play together anymore... I actually elieve they split up many years ago... to my recollection they were out of Ohio or another north east state...I do remember them playing with DoY and my friend actually has a very cool poster from a show in Toronto... Stems and Seeds is a great song! Its a shame they dont play anymore... I was hopng they would have made it back up north of the border one more time...

Oh! Cool. Thanks Stoned. I'm gonna check those guys out; mostly out of nostalgia. As I said, they were very cool guys and I have occasionally wondered where they went over the last decade and a half since they visited.

They play regularly in the northeast U.S. (mostly Jersey in the winter months)...as you can see from their website.. ::

Not to stray from the ass-kicking conversation...but...I'm pretty sure I had read on jambands.com several years ago that Juggling Suns got the part of the wedding band in the Julia Roberts/Richard Gere movie "Runaway Bride", but I have yet to see it (and only really wanted to see it for that reason)...now carry on with the ass-kicking...and oh yeah, and I too have the Solar Circus album (on vinyl)...

i still have my ticket stub from that DOY & Solar Circus show we went to POG...man that was like 1990 I believe!!

while we are resurrecting old bands that played gigs with DOY, how about Weirdstone !? What ever happened to those guys? Their bass player was the FUNKIEST i have ever seen....EVER!