Jambands.ca

Ottawa Roll Call : Grand Theft Bus

bouche

SO Del, what it he verdict? Did they meet your standards Sat night? I am sure going into the show with the attitude that it was going to suck helped you remain open minded and maximized your potential to enjoy the show...

no seriously though, did you enjoy the show? I thought it was smokin.

I thought the Bus once again played a great show (though I was far from my best form) - easily my favorite Canadian jam band going right now. Its great to see another big turnout at Mavericks - things seem to be really cruising along there.

good solid manhump afterwards! I think the walls were collapsing at one point.

Good News! We've cleaned most of the broken glass out of the kitchen and I've just reattached the cupboards to wall and the internal structure of the home is now more solid than ever. I'm sure it will be able to stand up to another amish manhumping - where was the video camera when we needed it? The feng shui in my bedroom however seems a bit off after the manhump that took place in my bed. I've contacted the local budhist temple and they'll be by to exorcise the residual bad mojo.

GTB you guys have to drag that Nick guy along everytime - he's fu©king hilarious.

Thanks to all who made it out. Maverick's has really become a great room! Thanks to the 40 Main crew and company for the sweet hospitality; sorry for the de-cupboarding by our amish friend;he was a little overwhelmed,haha. Can't wait til the next one! How was work Stapes? peace,Tim

The show was pretty good. Far from the best Bus show I've ever seen, but probably the best I've seen since 2003. While they did play some new songs, they really busted out the old stuff on Saturday... A far cry from the show I heard about in Toronto. My expectations weren't necessarily low, I was just happy we didn't get an entire Flies In The No Fly show. I'll definitely go see them again, but I stand on my statement that I like SlowCoaster better... And yeah, that Nick kid was absolutely hilarious! Dave... Dave... Dave... David! Good times for sure...

I had a great time Tim. Thank you for entertaining Ottawa!

I heard about the kitchen at 40 main and I really wish that was on video.

Maverick's is a very decent room, but I don't like the lighting very much from a photography stand-point.

Next time I'm there with a camera I will have to talk to the sound and lighting dudes.