secondtube

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tube,

A Terrapin->Playin' that will knock your socks off - 12.28.79

Great to see someone else mention this great show...I posted about it a few eeks back after going through my cassettes.

1979-12-28

And I agree your socks will be knocked right off,the whole shows is gold.

PURE GOLD.

Probably in my top 5 shows of all time, actually a great UJB on that one too....and Casey Jones....and and and and....OH and The Music Never Stopped with Disco-feedback intro makes me go crazy every time.

Edited by Guest

...ooh....there's a show where he actually does that line twice!! trying to think of it....

off hand...

2.9.73 - tack on the Wavy Gravy intro "..and now...the rainbow makers"

12.6.73 - sick Feelin' Groovy jam in the middle

12.31.77 - first China->Rider since '74, Dick's Pick 10

Edited by Guest

Wow, can't believe I found it:

Grateful Dead 5.7.84 Eugene, Oregon, Garcia sings "wish I was a headlight" verse TWICE!!

Sloppy '84 Dead, but a crazy rider with that freak double verse....some comments:

Very interesting, incredible Rider. The fact that Jerry belts out the "I wish I was a headlight" verse twice is insane. One of my favorite 80's China > Riders!

The Rider is tasty, though Weir clearly didn't think JG was going for a 2d bite at the Northbound Train apple. Outstanding SBD quality.

First set is decent with Garcia's guitar a little low in the mix.....however the powder kegs were lit following intermission as the Dead craft one of the most devastating China>Riders ever!! It starts with an Atari 7800 intro from Brent and Phil..bobby is also playing some beutiful chordal patterns. The transition jam is hot- everytime you think they are going to settle into Rider Jerry peels off another riff which transforms the band into a speedball concoction. Rider is noteworthy in that Jerry sings the headlight version twice. In my opinion after listening to this several hundred times he did it on purpose. He seemed to be crying out in agony and frustrated about the direction of his life. Mabye he just missed Rock, whatever he belts out the lyrics and we are treated to an extra stanza. Nice post drums Stones...if nothing else nice filler material.

Nice Stella there Tube. Jerry was banging them out in 94. Seriously, check out 10-01-94 as well and the So Many Roads from that same show. Both are tear-jerkers.

1989-08-19 China > Rider

You had me at "Hello"

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

I love the spacey Other One from that show as well. Full on cat and mouse from Jer and Phil with Bobby providing the cheese for the mouse to chase.

Black Muddy River 04-02-90?

I had no idea.

Nice looking job there ST. I'll trade ya something for it at CTMF if I get there. I may try something like this if I can step away from the beer, it looks fun.

Edited by Guest

Hey Steve,if your new mp3 player has the ability to play mp4 (FAAC) then you could get about 12 discs worth of music on one CD.

I have a Gourds collection (6 discs) that only takes up about 300 megs or so (half a disc).

My DVD player doesn't play em though,so I can only use em on my computers (Winamp plays em).

Great looking collection.Let me know if you want anything off my list for a copy of it.

For the Stella, a personal fav of mine is Richfield March 1994. But to get the full effect you have to take the Lovelight intro and Lovelight reprise with it...

wow!! those were my first 2 dead shows....that brings back some memories. I've actually never heard them since. Facking hell I love the interweb!!!!

nice looking disc s'tube!

Tungsten, you balled like a 6 year old. I feel it.

"gotta find room for a jack straw"

I really want to recommend a 72-74 version, but I noticed a lack of Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce Hornsby, who righteously should be represented as far as I am I concerned.

Scroll down and test drive that Jack Straw.

Wince Welnick is kicking it until they finally turn up Jerry. It's a fun listen, which Jack Straw should be.

"Hey, whaddya wanna open with?"

"How about Jack Straw?"

Tungsten, you balled like a 6 year old. I feel it.

"gotta find room for a jack straw"

I really want to recommend a 72-74 version, but I noticed a lack of Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce Hornsby, who righteously should be represented as far as I am I concerned.

Scroll down and test drive that Jack Straw.

Wince Welnick is kicking it until they finally turn up Jerry. It's a fun listen, which Jack Straw should be.

"Hey, whaddya wanna open with?"

"How about Jack Straw?"

At the bottom this show says its an "SSSB", is that that parapelgic dude that just remasters old dead shows and makes them AWESOME??? If its what I think it is, I've heard a few and they are killer....

?