Jambands.ca

How does your garden grow?

ReDD

I have an assortment of succulents and cactus, an aloe plant, a small tree, a pot of young sunflowers, as well as a pot of bright orange and yellow flowers(i've forgot the name). They are all flourishing in my new apartment, although I overwater them. I'd like to start a small windowsill herb garden as well. Erich and I also have an aquarium with live pants. I really love plants, my beau and I just need to pay less attention to them.

So who all here has a nice little patch of earth they like to keep pretty? Or maybe some neat houseplants?

I have a small palm tree named Jeffrey on my desk here at work. I have two new tropical trees at home too (Edna & Hesse) that my kitty is loving right now.

Still too cold to get inspired to work in the garden, but the herbs will be back again this year. Grassroots has a good selection of organic seeds. Hopefully my radishes will be a happier bunch this year. Last year they were tiny little guys and tasted like fire. :(

I love plants myself... trying to fill my house more and more with them, and started a veggie garden last year which I am going to expand this year...

And I am lucky enough at work to not have a cubicle, but have my own office where one wall is all windows... I have so many plants in my office that I feel like I am in a forest... and as an added bonus, there is less room for having boneheads come in and bother me.

nice, ReDD, I like talkin plants :)

i've got a beauty [color:green] split-leaf philodendron - one of my faves for sure - took me a long time to find one.

my [color:green] rosemary is attempting to take over the world, but that's ok 'cause i love her.

i've got [color:red]bell pepper seeds started cause they turned out so delicious last year.

i live in a teeny tiny apartment with HUGE west facing windows, so my place cooks in the summer - so this year i've got two varieties of flower vines going - [color:purple] cup and saucer, and [color:blue]moonflower(a type of morning glory - white flowers that open at night). looking forward to having my windows shaded with vines this year :)

what else, all kinds of stuff really, i actually had to build a few shelves to hold all of my plants (no outdoor space here.... booooo }:( )---

hanging goldfish plant,

sweet potato vine

cilantro,

some kind of ficus

a couple umbrella plants,

a couple of aloe (one HUGE - offspring of the great 'Al')

beauty jade,

bamboo,

spearmint

purple sage

and a whole lot more, but i'll end this here.

looking forward to the peppers and flower vines most. i love this time of year - checking out garden centres and markets!!! oooooooohhhhhh boy do i love plants :)

Hey Moose:

I looked up your split-leaf philodendron and that plant is very very interesting. I was reading actually that the plant can bear edible fruits which are a cross between a pinapple and a bannana!!! That's pretty neat in my books for a house plant...

i love my plants.

i dont know the names of most of them....although my favourite is Citrus aurantium . it produces these small bitter (yet edible for marmalade and like) oranges, and when it flowers it is my favourite smell in the world.

i also have a flowering maple plant which has these cool pink flowers, its about five feet high now and really out of control.

lastly i will mention this cactus that shoots out red flowers from its many branches really sporadically ...

picture picture picture

lack of digital camera....of course my plants are much more beautiful than these...

you know... the title of this thread sounds like a pick-up line.... just put 'Hey baby' in front of it.

I assure you that wasn't my intention...

Mary, Mary quite contrary how does your garden grow?

Leave it to paan to make a nursery rhyme into something dirty ;)

Right now, I have just put outside, in pots, tomato, cherry tomato, brocolli, pumpkin, cilantro, all from organic seed; some biodynamic dill...cant think of what else. Gonna have a fat garden for sure. Dancing man is working on a some organic tomatoes and cant remember what else.