Jambands.ca

Who's going to GTB tonight?

LJFH

just wondering if I should come in for the show being that it is on a Sunday evening and I actually have to be somewhat coherent tomorrow to look at numbers!! (that can actually be difficult when hungover. :grin: )

any takers?

i'm gonna be there for a wee bit. it's really a very nice evening to be down in the market area. I just drove past the tulip fest and realized that there should be alot of people out tonight taking in some music. Hopefully they extend themselves to Maverick's as well.

i was just about to leave for the show... then i realized how late i'd be! have fun tonite, everyone.. the bus rocked the hammer on friday! streetsleeper was very very raunchy during the breakdown, i loved its filth like a pig loves shit - and the brothers walker were playing with some real conviction that nite... i thought graham was especially strong on the bass all nite.

Holy fack! I was still a pathetic mess last night from Saturday night/Sunday morning! You guys are insane!!! Had I been thinking straight, I would have taken today off work...but I'll betcha Ms.Hux would have kicked me out of her house again for coercing her boyfriend to stay awake!!! hahaha!!!

Awesome, phun times all around! Super glad to have made it early for Mike too...that was a nice treat.

The Bus were heavy, high energy, goodtimes as usual.

Streetsleeper? That must be the uber jam I was trying to pinpoint all night after...holey tomolies that rocked it out!!!I've got to learn song names... Can't wait to hear the copies! Thanks as always for taping BradM.

Thanks for the after goodtimes all and Bouche-MsHux thanks for the couch...you guys are the best! cheers-back to bed now....good times...

p.s.MsHux...I hope you sleepy, dreaped throughout and had a productive, pain free day! :)

Edited by Guest

I woke up for work this morning to the sound of music coming from my basement.

It was 8:00am and Mike Flipowhisch and the GTB boys were still playing away.

That was the third night in a row for the ol' basement.

What an incredible weekend.

Hehehe. :D Sharon, that was so hilarious! You were a vision in the morning all dressed and ready for work. Just once on the weekend, I should try to get to bed before 9am...or at least end the weekend on a Sunday. ;)

I guess I finally rolled in the door around 1 am this morning (work sure is hurting right now). Can't wait to do it all again with you kids in only 4 days! Yay!!!

Bouche & Ms. Hux, thank you both so much for putting us up for the weekend. I had a blast and can't wait to get back to Ottawa/Hull to do it all again. The Saturday night jam was amazing. Damn, we gotta start recording that stuff. Also thanks to the Bus boys for the late night jams and occasional flashing. Oh, that Dennis! ;) Too bad that a lot of the Saturday night revellers didn't make it out on Sunday, but I can certainly understand why. Booche & Douglas, sorry I didn't get to say goodbye. :( I'll see you at CTMF...rain or shine, right Lynn? Oh, and best rendition of Sweet Child O' Mine I've heard in a while there sister. LOL Thanks to BradM for taping. I can't wait to hear it...again! Julia, I think it was Street Sleeper that you're thinking of...could've been Insane Man's Mind though. Pretty sure that one got a little nuts.

Biggest thanks of all to Mikey F for playing more music than I have ever seen one person play in a weekend. You probably spent about 20 hours playing guitar while we were in Hull...and you only stopped playing when the voice was gone and it was Monday morning (or when we were busy watching Live Aid). It was amazing! You're a freakin' trooper man! Thanks for helping with the driving too. I have no idea what I would have done without your help (I'd probably still be on the 417 behind a fucking tractor). :) We really need to invest in a map for future road trips. :P

Nice to meet so many of you Ottawa friends! Thanks for the good times. I have a million pictures to post and will get them up in the next few days. There's one of Graeme, Dennis & Mikey busking on Rideau St. at 3am that is hysterical! I get tears in my eyes laughing every time I look at it. Ahhhhh, fun stuff. So thank you Ottawa! I hope to see you all at Izzy's (that means you Del...sorry I missed karaoke). Safe travels everyone!

Conversation excerpt of the weekend (at Maverick's...after saying all day that we'd go home early and not party...I think this was after the Jager):

Bouche: I'm fucking toasted!

Kaidy Mae: Mmmmm...yeah, toast is so much better than bread.

Bouche: Of fuckin course!

Damn, you Bouchards are hilarious!!!