Jambands.ca

Kevin Breit and The Sisters Euclid profile on CKCU

bouche

This monday June 6 at 9pm, don't miss a profile on Kevin Breit and the Sisters Euclid, live until 11 pm. There will be an on-air interview with Kevin Breit and selections from his many connections in the music industry. Join Dave Alburger, Todd Snelgrove and Mike Bouchard for 2 hours of killer selections from the music world of Kevin Breit.

There's not doubt that Ottawa is buzzed with their appearance on June 10th at Maverick's but to top that Kevin will be hosting a guitar workshop scheduled for June 11 at the Folklore Centre.

93.1 CKCU FM

Listen Live at 9pm, June 06

Edited by Guest

If anyone is interested in attending the workshop I urge you to call or visit the OFC soon and sign up as it's almost full already which, frankly, is unheard of.

1111 Bank Street at Sunnyside

www.ottawafolklore.com

Kevin Breit is one of the most creative, innovative, and talented guitarists playing today. Not content with standard slide technique, Kevin has fostered a unique style and pushed the boundaries of the possibilities of slide guitar. This workshop will explore new ways of thinking about bottleneck playing and introduce a fresh perspective on visualizing the guitar neck. An introduction to a new fretboard frontier, Kevin will focus on elements such as artificial harmonics, fretting behind the slide, and getting the most out of open tunings.

A mainstay on the Canadian music scene and a very busy session player throughout North America, Kevin Breit has performed and recorded with an impressive array of musicians in a myriad of styles, including Norah Jones, Bill Frisell, Harry Manx, Anne Murray, The Guess Who, Carlos del Junca, Cassandra Wilson, Holly Cole, Natalie Macmaster, Gowan, Celine Dion, Cyro Baptista, Sass Jordan, k.d. lang, Barra MacNeils, Andy Stochansky, and the list goes on and on...

$20 Members, $25 Non-Members

hey bouche, do you know if we're supposed to be buying tickets pre-show?

Please do. I have a bunch, Stapes has some and you can pick up tix at Compact Music, the Folklore Center (OFC), and Record Runner so far.

I just found out that printing the tickets was $25, so I don't want that to be a waste ;)

Edited by Guest
there aren't tickets at CD exchange

Here's the track listing - song, artist (album):

1) Judas Iscariot, The Sisters Euclid (Seven Years Of Mondays - dvd)

2) Little Volcana, Kevin Breit (Empty)

3) Yul Brynner, Carlos Del Junco (Big Boy)

4) Two Miles Of Bad Road, The Sisters Euclid (Sunday Best)

5) Caravan, Supergenerous (Beat The Donkey)

6) The Weight, Cassandra Wilson (Belly Of The Sun)

7) Every Little Thing, The Sisters Euclid (Other Songs)

8) Helpless, The Sisters Euclid (live, sorry I don't have the date)

9) Age Old Thing, Wendy Lands (Angels And Ordinary Men)

10) On A Saturday Night, Michael Kaeshammer (No Strings Attached)

11) title unknown, Folk Alarm (live 9.24.04)

12) One Trick Pony, Holly Cole (Romantically Helpless)

13) Raised By Butterflies, The Sisters Euclid (All Babies Go To War)

14) Creepin' In, Norah Jones (Feels Like Home)

15) Tell Me About The Blues Highway Granpa, Harry Manx & Kevin Breit (Jubilee)

16) Tumbleweed Tea, The Sisters Euclid (All Babies Go To War)

17) All Babies Go To War, The Sisters Euclid (All Babies Go To War)

I hope the show inspired some of you to make plans to come to Maverick's on Friday. I can't say enough about this guy, though I just spent two hours trying. The show could easily have been four hours, and I'd still be leaving stuff out. We had to skip the Gowan track fer cryin' out loud!

Anywho, hope to see Ottawa representin' for this incredible talent on Friday.

See y'all then.

It downloaded just fine, but it seems incomplete. In particular, Set 1-4, Set 1-6, Set 2-3, Set 2-4, Set 2-9, and Set 2-10 don't seem to be there. (Set 1-1 is also named differently from the others, as the file name is "Set_1-1_Lament.mp3", while the other files leave out the underscores. This may be picayune, but it messes up how the files get listed when you put them in alphabetical order.)

Aloha,

Brad

It is incomplete. A couple of tracks weren't approved for posting unfortunately. I also left out the banter tracks, mainly because these were considered samplers for the upcoming show.

As far as the underscores in set_1-1, I was having problems with the links after I moved the site due to Linux case sensitivity and I thought that 'spaces' were an issue too. I merely forgot to change it back.

Well, last night was simply through the roof at The Orbit. The Radiohead cover of "Fake Plastic Trees" was just frickin' mind blowing. The new tune he wrote for Domenic is a beautiful tribute. Second time around and it's just stunning.

And for those attending the Ottawa show, GET THEM TO PLAY "PO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!