Jambands.ca

Barlow reflects on long, strange trip

Esau

looked to me from the way Phil reacted @ SPAC comin out of Estimated and into a ragin Other One that there was a little more than ego in the way...phil almost had a temper tantrum on stage tryin to stop the rest of the band who was already full tilt in song and waitin just for phil...but we cant have that...UJB>Lazy River Road, Estimated>Other One to open the show would have blew SPAC right to Mars man...boys will be boys I guess

Thanks for posting the link, Greg.

It still surprises me that a band and organization that was dysfunctional in so many ways managed to create and perform such great songs for so many years.

Peace, Mark

what he said. nearly 40 years is a pretty good run, and unless they're willing to set themselves up like sons of the pioneers or something & be prepared to recycle members, egos are only going to kill the thing.

looked to me from the way Phil reacted @ SPAC comin out of Estimated and into a ragin Other One that there was a little more than ego in the way...phil almost had a temper tantrum on stage tryin to stop the rest of the band who was already full tilt in song and waitin just for phil...but we cant have that...UJB>Lazy River Road, Estimated>Other One to open the show would have blew SPAC right to Mars man...boys will be boys I guess

I thought the Other One jam in the first set was a tease for the full-on version in the second. Interesting insight though. I was way up in the balcony.

Regardless, SPAC and Darien Lakes were two of my favourite shows from last year.

"When they were on the road last summer, things were so impossibly bad, nobody could possibly do it again. It was like Yugoslavia after Tito. All these ego forces that had been contained by Garcia's reluctant leadership ­ long simmering ill will ­ broke loose. It was just a mess.

"I wasn't sure they were going to make it through the tour," Barlow said. Whether the band can regroup for a 40th anniversary concert later this year is doubtful, he said."I just don't think that's a possibility."

That's rough.

Regardless, SPAC and Darien Lakes were two of my favourite shows from last year.

yeah man from where we were standing right at the left corner of the board and just under the tunnel you could see Phil stompin his foot to get Bobby's attention and then he waved him out of the tune and into the nothin jam...I do agree 100 % though it was a fantastic show and the energy that night was almost like the good ole day's...Darien was a sweet night out too