Jambands.ca

the air in toronto today is pathetic.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's no episode. She's a regular, foul-mouthed, heavy drinking character ( with a heart ).

You can rent season one of Deadwood on DVD. It's a fantastic show. If it means anything to you, it's an HBO production, similar in quality and authenticity to The Sopranos, Band Of Brothers and Carnivale.

You can rent season one of Deadwood on DVD.

You know, I've checked a few blockbusters around Ottawa and they didn't have it for rental! I really want to see this thing in order. I caught about 5 minutes one night and I was blown away at the quality.

okay you sweat-soaked Torontonians, here's the deal:

some of us are heading to Christie Pits' BIG outdoor pool (with water slide!) imminently (that's supposed to mean soon, but I can't spell it). It's open until midnite tonight.

and here's the pool hotline for the rest of the summer's needs: 416-338-POOL

the more I read the angier I get. People are just going to self-destruct themsleves soon...

The air here in Seoul sucks too...this is the first summer I can feel it affecting my health. I wake up in the night and start to cough.

It also makes me sad because what if we had no electricity all the time.. we would all be so much more connected to eachother and the planet.

*sad*

We should have no electricity days too...

Ontario is car culture' date=' but over 50% of the bad air ( smog ) comes from the States, specifically Ohio.[/quote']

Do you have a link or something for me to read that info? I was under the impression that Ontario was the biggest polluter in North America, we don't have emission laws that are strict enough, etc, etc.

My opinion: AC should be in hospitals and old age homes and selectively as people need them for breathing problems. The rest of us should toughen up. We wish all winter for the summer to come and when it does, well, you know what happens.

SF - Beleive it or not, Simcoe actually has the worst air quality in Ontario. Can't see the smog as well, but with Ohio, combined with Nanticoke its worse then Toronto. As my friend that worked out at Esso always said - its the stuff you can't see that really hurts you.

Quick point of interest on the limiting of AC. I don't have any at home, but all those big office buildings have to have oxygen moving regardless. Not sure how much the AC adds to that.

It all comes down to everyone having to do their part. Every bit helps - whether thats avoiding petro wrapped take out food, plastic bags etc., turning the lights out, thinking about fuel consumption when buying cars. Every bit helps.

the more I read the angier I get. People are just going to self-destruct themsleves soon...

The air here in Seoul sucks too...this is the first summer I can feel it affecting my health. I wake up in the night and start to cough.

It also makes me sad because what if we had no electricity all the time.. we would all be so much more connected to eachother and the planet.

*sad*

We should have no electricity days too...

my buddy Stu lived in Hong Kong for a few years and when he got back said he'd happily go roll around on the ground at Dofasco after his experience in China... said it was, well, very dirty

couldn't agree more with some "no electricity days"... thoroughly enjoyed the blackout a few years back... they should have at least one a month through the summer... doubt it'll happen though as no electricity = lost revenue for big business (a lot of small businesses would actually likely profit if they were somewhat prepared for it, communities are forced to act like communities when the grid blows... howdy neighbour!)

Exactly. I think the premature "Don't worry folks, our power needs will be met" was one of the most foolish things I've heard on the radio this summer. If we had've had a couple days of rolling blackouts right from the get go people would be more aware of their conservation efforts now (or their lack thereof). After all, there's little point in maxing out our electricty, buying excess from coal-burning sources in Ohio, having Ohio's pollution migrate to our region - causing more humitity and smog - which results in us all cranking the AC.

"Uh oh, everyone's cranking the AC...what if we run out of hydro?"

"Don't worry, we've got an unlimited supply from the US."

Hmmm, I wonder how much we're paying for that. Au revoir Canada pension!

Time to stop chasing our tails folks!

What are we all so scared of? We're survivors... why don't we just turn the switch off for a while... Construciton in Quebec totally stops for two weeks in the Summer... I think it's because they a) know it's very unprofitable to force people to work at this time and B) Let people enjoy life... this is the time to do it!!! Lets enjoy the heat... and improve our air at the same time.