Jambands.ca

BSC thoughts...

PassedOutGuy

SCI

7/12/2005 The Docks Concert Theater at Polson Pier - Toronto, ON , Canada

Set 1: Lonesome Fiddle Blues, Best Feeling > Get Up Stand Up > White Freightliner Blues, Mouna Bowa, ON FIRE > DRUMS > Water > I Fell in Love at the Honkytonk > It is What it Is

Encore: Got What He Wanted, Search > What's Goin' On (Marvin Gaye)

There was no get up stand up, but definitely an indian creek jam in between best feeling and WFB.

Also was a wake up in there after mouna boa.

Sick jam after on fire too!

SCI

7/12/2005 The Docks Concert Theater at Polson Pier - Toronto' date=' ON , Canada

Set 1: Lonesome Fiddle Blues, Best Feeling > Get Up Stand Up > White Freightliner Blues, Mouna Bowa, ON FIRE > DRUMS > Water > I Fell in Love at the Honkytonk > It is What it Is

Encore: Got What He Wanted, Search > What's Goin' On (Marvin Gaye)

[/quote']

There was no get up stand up, but definitely an indian creek jam in between best feeling and WFB.

Also was a wake up in there after mouna boa.

Sick jam after on fire too!

setlist from www.friendsofcheese.com

there was a tease to getupstandup, though.

might not have warranted placement on the setlist, but there was a little something there.

or maybe i was hearing things.

the on fire jam was great. some of the keys in the trancey section got a bit overthetop, but the drums.......oh, the drums.

so the cheese is still doing the trancy stuff eh?

first time i saw them, i tink in 99, there wasnt any of it....but then in 2000 phish brought in the trancy stuff....and when i saw cheese in 01 (i'm pretty sure), they were introducing it...

i guess its stayed...

i kinda like the idea of a trancy bluegrass sound.....

what a great day that was :)

always fun to see so many nice folks that I only run into at live shows

I LOVED every minute of music I heard...(well, SCI started to bore me a bit after water)

UM were incredible! great way to kick off the day :)

unfortunately i missed ALL of Xavier Rudd, but i really enjoyed Keller and i had a lot of FUN grooving to Spearhead!! Michael Franti may ask how we're doing a little too often, but he commands an audience and gets the room MOVING! he has good conscious lyrics too and I was glad to catch their show for the first time.

I hadn't seen SCI since June of 2001 (I think) and was left feeling like I had before their show yesterday...meh! They started to bore me I guess, so i headed for the patio during the encore.

All in all a great day

thank you for bringing BSC to TO

I just had a primo spot at the second stage... it was tucked away in a corner, but opened up nice, real intimite... and I think we weren't allowed in until 3:00 becasue there was a conference going on!

Still the venue wasn't packed... which was nice... great flow... and hit the batting cages for a nice change of pace once in a while... I'd do that again... in terms of Tuesdays, I can't think of a better way to spend the day :)

Word,