Jambands.ca

I don't want to piss you off!

Deeps

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this sounds to me like people complaining about recent emails about gigs...obviously they didn't get off the list...now they are...if you read what I have wrote and you will get your answers....

I gotta point out that if you are noticing people are unhappy with getting unwanted emails and you were able to harvest them from the forum, you should also be able to remove them yourself too.

I don't think it's fair to put the onus on the folks that don't want to be on the list to remove themselves.

this is your opinion Mike...I can respect that but the reality in my eyes is this is what has happened...

... some people wanted to receive the emails...they actually appreciated it...some people didn't...at this point, I don't know which email is which...who is who...if the email was from a show or not...unless the people who it has bothered will tell me...to me, if I have transgressed in someone's opinion, it was not malicious...it was an attempt to communicate with potentially like minded music lovers...if this has back-fired then I would hope that I would be summarily forgiven in their eyes and given the benefit of the doubt...asked to be removed and be done with it...are you saying that that is too much to ask?...i will try and delete emails from my list that I might have got from this forum...I bear no grudges ... I'm just making music...for us ... Peace!

Edited by Guest

I'm just trying to help quell any hostilities.

Obviously the EASIEST way to get off the list is for people just send that 'remove' email.

I don't know how emails are grabbed. Software? By hand? If by hand, then I just assumed it's just as easy to click on any of the names you would see in this thread that said they didn't want to be on anymore and see identify their email address to remove from the list.

Personally, I got the emails and it didn't really bother me, considering the emails are about live music. If I got emails from Kalen Porter, however, I'd be VERY pissed and likely retaliate.

it was by hand in 2002...just starting to play alot at the time...

...obviously from the tone of this thread there was a risk of "pissing people off" (which was the original topic of the thread) which in retrospect, somewhere in the back of my mind, I might have known existed...I took a chance...and maybe I shouldn't have ... who is to say ... like you said ... water under the bridge ... wateryou gonna do

... most of the people that complained on this thread were already off the list ... but I'll take another look just to make sure they're off...thanks Mike

btw ...who's Kalen Porter

Edited by Guest

first, in response to Hamilton, I see your point, there are better ways to advertise on here and if people have specifically asked to not receive emails, and if they did not ask to receive emails, it should not be their responsibility to stop them.

And my response to Timmy B is U2 sucks!!!

kidding---I couldn't help myself.

Didn't you notice on the list of artists I put on my reply Bono, the Edge, Larry Mullen Jr. and Adam Clayton were not on that list. I just figured there would be a response to them being on the list, instead I get a response anyway!

It's okay to each there own I guess, but if someone told the Edge that he sucked for sending people SPAM I'm sure he would know that he doesn't but would be kind enough to remove them from his list of emails.

• 4 weeks later...

I bring back this thread in defence of my friend and mentor Jim Slansky/Slammer of Passenger/Chipotle.

I would have been there to begin with, but all the uglyness that went down, and it is just that...ugly BS from some that were heartlessly spouting off and some from people who really mis-interpreted some schtuff, but I was not around for a couple of days and forgot to check the progress of the post until recently.

If you take the time to re-read some of this I think you'll see that when Jim was made aware that the folk on this board were annoyed when the emails (THEY THEMSELVES MADE AVAILABLE) were used to promote a BAND he stopped doing it aologized and NEVER did it again.

It seems that some thought he was back at the questionable :crazy: at worst practice of grabbing email addresses. He wasn't.

I talked to the man yesterday, who by the way is one of the most honest, humble and good natured people you'll find on a stage anywhere and I asked him if he realized that he was being accused of going back on his apology. He didn't realize that that was the crux of the old issue being born again and the lynch mob gathering. He Just missed it in the fray I guess and thus did not defend himself.

Just wanted to see if we could clear this up.

Cheers.

Edited by Guest

what part of this thread did you want to "clear up"?

That people were wrong when they thought Slammer went back to the "email sins" he repented for at an earlier time before the "I don't want to piss you off" thread brought forth the issue again.

It's not correct, he didn't do it again, and that misnomer spurred on a lot of mean spirited stuff, that people might want to rethink.

i.e.

The bullshit juvenile "call out" section.

Questioning the man's musicianship

Deciding that he's not worth people's time.

If they don't that's fine too, but I felt it needed to be said that the misinterpretation exists in the thread and is not caught until a re-read.

Do you have a worst thread with over 1100 views pic?

:P

Deeps

what in hell? is it an ego boost to see your screen name beside a large number of views?? dude... I'm crying over here.

Glad that Slansky's your friend, and I know he is a good guy, and a great player, but I dont think bringing this piece of shit thread back up to the top of everyones day is doing him or yourself any service. He shouldn't have done it.

Do you have a worst thread with over 1100 views pic?

:P

Deeps

what in hell? is it an ego boost to see your screen name beside a large number of views??

but I dont think bringing this piece of shit thread back up to the top of everyones day is doing him or yourself any service. He shouldn't have done it.

[color:purple]Yeah it's an ego boost boss' date=' you nailed it there.[/color']

I honestly thought it made some sense when I read the thing to state that their is some misinformation in the thread....sorry maybe there is a protocol in terms leaving a thread that has been laid to rest alone.

Didn't think it would be an issue and sincerely thought that it might help people see something in a different way and by proxy prevent "the door from hitting my friend on the ass on the way out" to quote Del.

As for the quality of the initial thread....it turned to shite when people, not unlike yourself started throwing insults at people and started looking to pick fights. Prior to that it seemed quite informative and spoke to the ethics of advertising and promoting around here. It provided answers around some grey areas.

Besides if you want it gone than why not quietly sit back and question my character and let it slip down the board?

Is it an ego boost to you to throw around suppositions regarding why or why not Deeps says or does something?

It seemed to me that some people were giddy to use their new powerful "worst post ever" statements and pics and I was just being a goof in defense of myself. [color:purple]Oh and boosting my ego...it really my soul intention in pretty much everything I do.