Jambands.ca

jambands.ca benefit??

timouse

It's true, proper and professional webhosting isn't cheap. I learned that from the cheap hosting I was using up until I made the switch in june. It took me over a year to save up the money to make that switch.

I gotta start thinking about next year when I get invoiced for the following year ;)

This is a great idea, and I know that Tonin has brought it up before as well. It's also a great excuse to have an awesome party in one or more cities.

Would you be willing to give people a sense of costs in numbers? Would that help in perhaps doing a paypal thing for a while? For instance, would $5 from every participating member leave you better off? I'm definitely not anti-show but for those that can't make it a donation option would probably be useful to you.

"For the cost of a heineken, you can help fulfill the dreams of hundreds of music fans" - you know, that sort of thing.

Well, doing one here in Ottawa would be a breeze. We could nail down a date at Maverick's in October or so and line up two or three bands that'll play for free. I can MC for a generous cut and we don't even have to pay for any advertising 'cuz EVERYBODY in the Ottawa area that even just lurks on this board would be a maroon if they didn't come.

Okay, a couple of good Ottawa bands speak up and volunteer your services:

(psssssst...Bandm)

I like the sound of this Ottawa thing (and Mavericks, too, so long as the pipes don't burst over anyone's head), but that's only because I'll be sick and tired of shuttling up and down the 401 by the time we finally settle in there in Sept. That said, we'll still be anywhere this is happening; I think this is a great idea.

I walked past the ladies washroom and saw a staff member moving in with a mop bucket. I stopped out of curiousity and saw that the famous leaking ceiling was in fact leaking. It was so Amityville.

for the benefit of ottawa's women, i hope they fix that really soon. and if theis thing winds up in ottawa, then here i come!