Jambands.ca

jambands.ca benefit??

timouse

This calls for a BGH reunion special ;) I hear that Pink Floyd is also interested.

Timmouse, thanks for the callout. The cost of moving to the latest webhost has been totally worth it and I know that more money can continue to go back into the site.

I got an email today from my webhost, Vertexhost.com and they are constantly monitoring the site and performance. They are going to do an automated site move tonight due to server load. It is a semi-dedicated server, so a couple of other sites are hammering at the same CPU's. They want this site to have the best possible performance and are proactively taking care of it.

Edited by Guest

out of this thread, the idea of a benefit to offset the operating costs of jambands.ca has come up...

quote]

call me crazy but isn't that what those banner ads and commercial links at the top of the page for (PID aid, t shirts, sandals, festivals)?

in fact isn't it possible to make a profit from this site? so why is a benefit needed? not to say you need an excuse to get out and catch some live music

Edited by Guest

out of this thread' date=' the idea of a benefit to offset the operating costs of jambands.ca has come up...[/quote']

call me crazy but isn't that what those banner ads and commercial links at the top of the page for (PID aid, t shirts, sandals, festivals)?

in fact isn't it possible to make a profit from this site? so why is a benefit needed? not to say you need an excuse to get out and catch some live music

hey chewie...from what i've been led to understand, and bouche can correct me if i've got it wrong, the revenue generated by ads etc does not cover the operation of this place, leaving bouche to make up the difference. not that it costs a million dollars a day or anything, but web hosting with decent bandwidth isn't cheap.

the idea of charging a fee for membership has come up before, and again my understanding is that the idea didn't fly...having said all that, i would certainly throw whatever time /energy/mucical ability i could muster at being part of show and funnelling the money in to the kitty, and it looks like there might be other bands that feel the same way :)