Jambands.ca

The Chameleon Project@ The Rivoli, T.O. 08/06/05

The Chameleon

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe... nope. It's text based, and the storage capacity of these sites is designed for hundreds, thousands, if not millions of users... even you have more posts than Jay Dawg... Quit being a dick, and go piss on someone else who's doing something for the Jamband scence that isn't constructive. Jerk.

Man... when I get angry... I get all irrational... I mean common...

"Quit being a dick, AND go piss on someone..."

That's not very useful...

But I really don't want any Pissing on of anything... there are constructive ways of getting people criticism... I mean is it your ultimate desire to keep them in their sucky place... or would it be nice to see UM change to your liking... if so how could they do it? You'll need many points, because I've seen their show, and they have done many things together to make their little band a thorough, creative, live, fun, fresh, and groovy experience... and what have you done for me lately?

If it's just based on a feeling say your piece and quit loading your statements with triggers... unless of course it's the fight club atmosphere you enjoi ;). You suck people into a downward spiral of a conversation where you can fulfill your Alpha-male Andro-steroid requirements. I don't think this is cool... but whatever... you go down your road, and I with mine.

Sorry about lashing out with words and anger...

Now it's only words :).

feddum105.jpg

Peace Brah,

~W

I don't like Umphrey's... Is that a crime? I don't like how much Jaydawg, JChameleon or you for that matter, promote their shows... Is that a crime? No offence, but I will continue to state my opinions as much as I like... If you don't like it put me on ignore...

You suck people into a downward spiral of a conversation where you can fulfill your Alpha-male Andro-steroid requirements.

Alpha-male? Andro-steroid? Dude, before you start judging me why not learn about who you're talking to? I am neither an alpha-male nor andro-steroid... You seem like an alpha-moron, if not for calling footbagging "shredding", then for assumming I am anything period. Maybe you should spend a little more time fluffing Jaydawg and JChameleon, and a little less time judging me... You say "Quit being a dick and go piss on someone", then you proceed to call me a "Jerk"... You know what? I have spent more time and money into checking out jambands in Canada than most of the people on here... I have supported this scene in ways you could only imagine... Why don't you go fuck yourself? Who the fuck are you? Some fucking newb that puts on shitty shows that no one cares to see... That must be why you have to bump your shows 100 times in a week to get 50 to 100 people to show up, most of which are your friends who feel the need to show up so you don't feel like a fucking loser...

What it comes down to is I don't like Umphrey's... I've heard a bunch of their music and have seen them once... I said I would see them again, as long as I didn't have to travel too far, which means I am open minded about them (to a degree)... What more do you want? Since when did you (of all people) become the authority of good music? Last time I checked there aren't too many people on here that would call you the authority on good tunes... So why don't you quit being a dick, and go piss on someone else? You are the god-damned jerk, for worrying about how I feel about some band you have no association with...

Your time might be better spent "shredding" and not worrying about who I like or don't like. And next time keep your opinions to yourself... I really couldn't give a fuck what you have to say...

Is that a crime?

No

I don't like how much Jaydawg, JChameleon or you for that matter, promote their shows... Is that a crime?

Nope, but why? It's only music?

No offence, but I will continue to state my opinions as much as I like... If you don't like it put me on ignore...

Good... I sometimes like what you say... but man, you can be such an useless dick in a thread sometimes... or useful for turning people off music that's trying to grow. Say what you need to I guess... but why do you have to own 30% of a thread with negativity to keep proving your point. I think it's a tasteless move and I've sick of having to rinse my mouth after seeing you pipe in on a thread of me or one of my buddies.

You suck people into a downward spiral of a conversation where you can fulfill your Alpha-male Andro-steroid requirements.

Alpha-male? Andro-steroid? Dude, before you start judging me why not learn about who you're talking to? I am neither an alpha-male nor andro-steroid... You seem like an alpha-moron, if not for calling footbagging "shredding", then for assumming I am anything period.

Though it may be true that I'm an alpha-moron, I don't assume... I learn through experience... and I call a spade a spade.

Maybe you should spend a little more time fluffing Jaydawg and JChameleon, and a little less time judging me...

I don't spend that much time judging you... I have other things to do... like promote shows... now quit getting in my way! It's called self preservation. And the balance is shifting.

You say "Quit being a dick and go piss on someone", then you proceed to call me a "Jerk"... You know what? I have spent more time and money into checking out jambands in Canada than most of the people on here... I have supported this scene in ways you could only imagine...

Support... destroy... whatever... try knocking us down... see what happens. Hehe, I bet you wrote this before you read my own reply to my post...

By the way... love that "I have supported this scene in ways you could only imagine" phrase. Conversely, I'm trying to imgaine those ways, which as you clearly stated... I cannot... but I digress...

Perhaps there's flying involved... or some crazy ability to drasictally alter your bodily dimensions in order somehow help a jamband. Your a superhero DEL. By the way... what are your success stories?

Why don't you go fuck yourself? Who the fuck are you?

My name is William, I am 27... PM me if you want more details...., and life is on easy street... cept for all the stupid pain in the world. Any other details can be posted... but I'm not sure what you want to know. And yes... I masterbate. But that's getting off topic.

Some fucking newb that puts on shitty shows that no one cares to see...

Well I wouldn't say no-one... but it's hard to make some decent money at it... your right... no one want to see shitty shows. :( But if you want to say that: SoulJazz Orchestra; Slowcoaster; Moses Mayes are all shitty then go ahead... and sure there have been some less than stellar acts... but you know what... I've never gone home from a show I've put on not of had a fun and useful musical experience... which is why I like Jammers... cause they seem to be able to have conversations with instruments... and not have to know that many songs... just how to listen. But I have habit of needing to digress when things go off... "..." If we don't support and develop this talent, then there's going to be a real shitty seen in the future, and bands like Umphree's will be the least of your worries.

That must be why you have to bump your shows 100 times in a week to get 50 to 100 people to show up, most of which are your friends who feel the need to show up so you don't feel like a fucking loser...

Yeah, it's true... a little exagerated... but I try not to advertize to my friends... I'd rather have the music speak for itself... And this is a Jamband board... and altough it's a moot point to bring up that a) we talk alot about non-jambands here, or B) everyband does 'jam' to various degrees... so I think it's appropriate to do so. And for the other topics... music plays a roll if only as a soundtrack to our lives... I believe music is universal, so every subject can be approached through this lens... but once again... I digress...

What it comes down to is I don't like Umphrey's... I've heard a bunch of their music and have seen them once... I said I would see them again, as long as I didn't have to travel too far, which means I am open minded about them (to a degree)... What more do you want?

Well, how about letting shit go sometimes in a thread and realize that you don't have to knock down things that are trying to be built up. Take a chill pill and find more intellegent and contruted criticisms that would help encourage the topic instead of suggesting that because it's a waste of time for you, it's a waste of time for everyone AD NAUSEA.

Since when did you (of all people) become the authority of good music? Last time I checked there aren't too many people on here that would call you the authority on good tunes...

How does one check, and now who's being judgmental ;)

So why don't you quit being a dick, and go piss on someone else?

because I gotta go and you won't get outta my face! The UM Thread was one I want to support... Jays threads where you come in and dis him, I want to support... I don't have this problem with anyone else... so I'm not going to do this to someone else.

You are the god-damned jerk, for worrying about how I feel about some band you have no association with...

I am associated with UM... I'm a FAN! And I'm a worrier... that's what I do. And if God damns me... I'll take my chances... didn't realize you new the lady like that... I should watch my mouth.

Your time might be better spent "shredding" and not worrying about who I like or don't like.

I like to do many things in my life. Perhaps it's you that should spend less time cutting up things that ultimately amount to nothing, because in reality, it seems like you really bug alot of people... and perhaps I just want to see a more hugggable Del... if only for Dels' ultimate happiness. I know there's a contradiction under your skin somewhere, and the battle rages on every day. It tough brah, and I can see the hypocracy... you don't want to be that way!! Do you?! Simplify!

And next time keep your opinions to yourself... I really couldn't give a fuck what you have to say...

See about the Hypocracies and the Andro-male-steroid.

Peace?!

~W

I don't want to get too involved in this, as I am scared of words and vitriole, but I agree with Will 100% and can back up a lot of what he said at a time other than working hours.

It did make me giggle when Del used the fluffing phrase though. Sometimes Del cracks me up. But not when the negativity reigns supreme.

AD

Pretty soon you'll have over the top, entusiastic, funny, happy musicians and music promoters everywhere...

That'll probably suck...

I'll second that fellas.

It's nice to have promo guys that don't give the cold shoulder until you figure out whatever THEIR protocol is.

To defend Del though ... that was heavy handed shit SS, but it seems that you were pushed to point you didn't want to be.

It might help if you guys find something to agree on next time you're posting away.

Hoping all this blows over.

As for shitty shows...I hope not....we had a solid crowd out at the Elmo last week and danced 'til close. Jay and Will were GREAT to work with and are promoting a solid vibe in T.O.

Peace Brahs

Deeps

Yeah, I blame it on the heat... and the exhale of my soul when the cooler weather came to town... I know it's all Mind over matter... but kalnsarnit... I'm only human.

Oh yeah, another band I'll go to bat for anyday: What the Thunder Said, what a kick-ass show, and solid dudes they turned out to be. Lets keep the good vibes rollin'

~W

For the record I appricate all the selfless help my band and I have recieved at the hands of Jaydawg, SmoothedShredder and everyone else in the scene and on Jambands.ca. We couldn't do it without them.

These people really do make a difference. They make the scene happen in little ways, everyday.

Without people like them, the larger, established acts (read:jambands/non-commercial/independent/outside and electronic acts) everyone wants to see, would have no scene to play to, no local markets established and hence no reason to come and play, especially in places they've previously never played.

Don't hate. appriciate. :)

You guys are so funny!! We all go way over-board on this page some times, I mean Del obvioiusly is a very bitter man (but thats cool) He may go over the line sometimes, but thats life. JChameleon posts way too much about his band here, I am sick of the posts, but that is cool as well. We are all assholes and idiots sometimes, so have fun with it!!