23 Fri. Toronto, ON Sneaky Dee's

Oct.

27 Thurs. Beaumont, TX Vortex

28 Fri. Houston, TX Rudyard's

29 Sat. Austin, TX The Parish

www.drumsandtuba.com

Edited by Guest

20 Tues. Ottawa, ON Babylon

Happy Dance! Happy Dance! dancingfool has been notified; I hope he can make it.

Maybe someone can convince Bouche or BradM to upload the Nero & D&T sets...

If you mean 2002-09-20 (Babylon, Ottawa, ON), I'll have to see if I have it. If I do, it's probably on DAT, and hasn't been transferred, but my DAT's fritzed out, so I'll have to make other arrangements.

Aloha,

Brad

a couple things here....

first - i've got the 9/20/02 and 9/21/02 for nero and the 9/21/02 d&t show, which my case says was at the rivoli, and if memory serves me correctly WAS at the rivoli (not the elmo), because this was my first nero show.

I have dial up right now, so I can't do any uploading, however if any one wants to old school it, i can do a b&p for ya.

second - the d&t show last year at sneaky dee's did kick ass. it was upstairs, and it didn't seem to be a bad venue (it was my first time). i remember it was part of some sort of fest going on at venues around the city. There were 4 acts i think that night....act 1 i didn't see, act 2 was these 3 or 4 guys who wore hoods for their entire performance and were half decent. everytime the music started getting shitty and i took it too seriously i remembered they were wearing HOODS and would chuckle away. they ruined their mystique when they tore down their gear without the hoods though. act 3 was a bunch of old foggey's, but apparently old foggey's that were good back in the day, but i agree with ya there kanooky - they were a little off.....spasm band was definitely an appropriate name for them. and act 4 was what i came to see, some kick ass d&t. i thought the arrangement of bands that evening was a little weird, the acts didn't seem to mesh well together, but hey, i'm sure people there to see the hood guys weren't expecting some dude with a tuba.

it doesn't really matter where these boys play, you should go see some d&t this sept! i'll definitely be around for the hamilton and toronto shows.

RE: Sneaky Dee's

I don't think that's the right venue for their audience.. but it's a decent venue, normally it's a punk-rock vibe, loud and dirty.. Certainly one of the homes for indie rock in Toronto... some of you will be familiar with Wavelength Toronto the toronto indie music series @ Sneaky's every Sunday.

Last year when D&T were to play at Sneaky's the club recieved so many phone calls about the show... more than they usually get, so they were prepared for a huge night, they had extra staff.. extra booze... unfortunately the people didnt' come.. it was like everyone of their fans were confused to why they were playing Sneakys.

I hope they have a good show.

The hooded guys were the Vulcan Dub Squad, I thought they were surprisingly good despite the shtick. The Nihilist Spasm Band play all instruments of their own construction and have been playing consistently in London for something like 30 years, something like one day a week almost the entire time. I thought the line up was sort of interesting, Nihilist has a fair amount of clout as forerunners of the Sonic Youth noise genre. I believe they have played with Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth even at the Guelph Jazz Fest.