Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

Not a terrible performance per se. But it's going to be impossible to break out of a goal scoring drought with that few quality shots on net.

I've never been much of a fan of Speeza and his minor league moves, but now he's just pissing me off. Two plays in particular last night: 1) he's got the puck with no one in between himself and Theodore, instead of shooting he throws a blind pass into the slot to two Avs defenders, Preissing was pinching, the Avs go down the ice on an odd man rush and score; 2) scramble in front of the net in the dying minutes, Speeza gets a hold of the puck and tries another behind the back pass, intercepted (of course), and the Avs alleviate the pressure. I was throwing shit at the TV by that point.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm dumping Spezza from my fantasy pool ... man, i thought he'd have a better start than this!

More pro teams should get booed off the ice/court/field for pathetic performances. I hate it when players (like Domi did) complain when the fans voice their disgust at the rink. Screw it ... most of them paid good money for their tix and they know that the players are being compensated well. Why not tell 'em what you think when they stink?

Five home losses in a row for Ottawa ... they gotta turn that around soon!

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

I agree that if your team sucks fans should voice their opinions, but come on it is 6 games into the season. Talk about fickle fans. Where are all the diehard Sens fans now? Probably cheering for Sabres.

Where are you getting this stuff?

It's easy...this is a top line that has performed in the past. Why they can't score the goals is beyond me. Aside what Dave-O said re: Spezza what are the other goal scorers doing right? The only players that seem to go out thier on a consistent basis are Neil and McAmmond. Where's Todd White when you need him ;)

Also...going 1-34 on the PP is pathetic. 1-34!!! Good Lord...we have every right to be upset 6 games into the season.

Gerber put in a solid performance too, and Corvo with those blasts from the point.

WHY IS NOBODY EVER IN FRONT OF THE NET!

You make a lot of valid points, but this is a team that has been dominant in the regular season for a long time. I think things will turn around and these players will start playing more like they did last year. It is a different team, you have to give them some time. When it is game 20 and things still are the same it is time to worry.