Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I as referring to optional packages which would give me those channels.

Which is what we are talking about with PPV. The more people chose to purchase that shite, the greater the likelihood we will see less and less games on our 'normal' cable packages.

No one is saying you are wrong with your point of view. We are simply saying "Dont blindly pay for these games."

Is RDS going to carry every Habs game for the rest of my days? God no.

I don't like it either but it's all about money. The majority of owners don't provide the teams to make us happy. They do it to make money... lots and lots of money.

Well duh. But at what point are fans gonna say "enough" and there goes the cash cow? The feedback on the radio this morning was harsh. Except for Stuntman Stu, who's an idiot and company man to a T. Heck, even Pierre McGuire was livid at the PPV fiasco.

I ordered Centre Ice this year but I won't next year if this PPV shit is still going on. That's a revenue loss for the NHL, not a gain.

When does one stop allowing the gouging? When do the fans say “Enough is enough� Well, I would have assumed when a Stanley Cup Finals is about to begin but the only way one can buy tickets is to pre-purchase a flex-pack for the following season. Obviously that is not the case here.

When does one stop allowing the gouging? When do the fans say “Enough is enough� Well, I would have assumed when a Stanley Cup Finals is about to begin but the only way one can buy tickets is to pre-purchase a flex-pack for the following season. Obviously that is not the case here.

[color:purple]Worst purchase of my life.

The feedback on the radio this morning was harsh. Except for Stuntman Stu, who's an idiot and company man to a T. Heck, even Pierre McGuire was livid at the PPV fiasco.

Did something happen besides people being upset with having to pay? I think I missed something here. What was the 'PPV Fiasco'?

The feedback on the radio this morning was harsh. Except for Stuntman Stu' date=' who's an idiot and company man to a T. Heck, even Pierre McGuire was livid at the PPV fiasco.[/quote']

Did something happen besides people being upset with having to pay? I think I missed something here. What was the 'PPV Fiasco'?

Technical difficulties. Some people reported that they switched to the US feed halfway through the game and McGuire reported that he didn't get anything at all.

And then you had people complaining about having to pay for the game in the first place.

How soon will the day come when they make it so that the Stanley Cup Final is a PPV event for EVERYONE?!

Please don't turn the NHL into the WWE (or whatever 3 letters it's called these days).

PPV is a cash grab for the owners plain and simple. I remember reading an article last year comparing all Canadian NHL teams and how much a die-hard fan would have to shell out for the privilege of seeing all their games on TV. IIRC, Vancouver was the most expensive of all of them.

Blackouts, locally, used to be used to drum up day-of sales for sporting events. Do any other leagues still use this these days? That was more for football and tickets were cheap.

I refuse to pay anything extra to see hockey (other than the basic sports channel add-ons ... TSN, SPortsnet, etc.) And to pay full price to see a regular season game? Screw it, i'd rather spend that kind of money on a bunch of concerts.

Well duh. But at what point are fans gonna say "enough" and there goes the cash cow? The feedback on the radio this morning was harsh. Except for Stuntman Stu, who's an idiot and company man to a T. Heck, even Pierre McGuire was livid at the PPV fiasco.

I don't know if this point will ever come. The NHL is basically a gate driven league with some merchandise sales thrown in.

In the grand scheme of things the NHL makes little or no money from television deals. With the current state of affairs there doesn't appear to be any large deal in the works with any major US broadcaster.

I would say that any money the league brings in with something like PPV is a great revenue stream for them.

The broadcasts on cable are great, I would hope they continue.

The idea of not ordering PPV is great but the owners want money for their product. So if the fans can't or won't go to the rink and the league can't or won't secure a major television deal then PPV will be the way to go.

It really does suck. I just don't see the general populace being organized enough to revolt against it.

Of course you can always got to a nice OHL game. However those bastards are charging $20 for a ticket now ;)