Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet

None of that was sweet. From the dirty and dangerous butt-end from Spezza to the cowardly 'I have a visor on and you just lost your helmet' punches thrown from Fisher, it was all embarrasing. If that is how they are going to show emotion then watch your Sens see some major punishment from other teams in the near future.

hmmmm, cross-check from behind by the tender after scoring a goal...you forgot to mention that...

That was weak...

Also...Downie was the one that dropped the gloves after Fisher pulled someone off of Donovan...

Fisher (even if he wanted to take his helmet off) didn't even have a chance...

Obviously, booche didn't see the same highlight reel I did.

Friggin PPV

First of all, it was great to see someone finally fight Downie. That should have happened the first game he was back in the line-up. For a guy that rarely fights, Fisher laid a pounding on him.

And c'mon, every single night there's a guy fighting with his helmet and/or a visor still on. That doesn't make it right, but it certainly isn't an isolated incident or player.

Same with fans and message boards around the league. Guess what? There are idiots and whiners that support every team, you just happen to be surrounded by it because you live in Ottawa.

Second, if you've actually seen the highlights, the butt-end falls somewhere between intentional and accidental. Speeza's stick was being held, he was pushing and pulling to get it free, got it free, and then followed through with the next push. NHL rulebook says anytime you actually make contact with a butt-end it's an automatic 5 minutes and a game, so the correct call was made.

and the sportsnet forum sens fans.. they gotta be the most over dramatic whiney group of fans going.

Wouldn't it make more sense to post your comment there then?

you would think so.. i lasted about 5 minutes on there when hasek was hurt.

everybody was jumping all over the guy and i was just pointing out that adductor(spelling?) injuries arent that easy to tell how hurt the guy is and if you have trouble getting up and down its gonna hurt a goalie pretty bad and comparing it to the harry kewell situation with the same type thing.. i got branded a troll posts deleted, because i said hasek actually may be injured.

thats why i cant post there.

so fuck off ollie ;)

Edited by Guest

I accidently two handed a guy once. guy was all over me hooking and holding from the red line in, looked at the ref no penalty so i went to throw the worlds biggest elbow, missed, and kept turning and layed a vicious two hand slash across his helmet.

it really wasnt my fault, i was still drunk from the night before.

:D

Did anybody catch the guys on TSN last night discussing the unconfirmed rumour that Murray proposed a 2 for 2 goalie trade to Chicago - Emery and Gerber for 'Bulin and Lalime?!?!?!?!

The panel didn't think that there was ever a serious offer on the table with Barnaby leading the way, "There's no way there was ever a deal in place to bring Lalime back to Ottawa." haha

But makes for a fun discussion. That surely would have been the first 2-for-2 goalie deal in history, right?

Yeah, I saw that, but they said that it probably would not have worked because of Khabibulin's salary.

On a side note, did anyone see the fight between Lucic and Ruutu last night? It was a great fight that went on for quite some time with Lucic laying a nice beating on Ruutu. I definately like the style of game that Lucic brings.