Jambands.ca

TheJoin - Thursday @ Harmony

Diablo'sUncle

This Thursday

TheJoin - the trio started by the New Deal's Darren Shearer - will be throwing down another killer performance at the Harmony Lounge & Patio (589 College Street). With a blend of progressive, breakbeat and house - TheJoin take listeners on a journey through valleys and peaks. And on top of that, they can jam pretty well, too. The communication by the band during their tunes keeps everyone on the same page. This makes for tight jams that peak at the right moments, never becoming long-winded and exasperating. As for Harmony - cool spot, drinks prices are average...and there's no cover.

Definitely a College Street beer selection (opposed to my usual Queen Street Labbat 50s) but Harmony Lounge sure makes some mighty fine martinis :) Sweet patio as well.

Last week was a bit lightly attended considering how fab the groove is... No major complaints though, as I got to pretty much custom order the second set!!! Let's fill this room people and make sure this night continues... the Join is Toronto's premium Thursday night groove!

I'm heading out for a ladies night at the Diplomatico tomorrow and will definitely stumble by afterward... hope to see you there :)

FYI - Harmony is on the South West corner of College and Euclid... there's even a sign out front now!

They play in the front window... the patio's out back. I seem to recall one fine Thursday when ShitIdiot was out front and busting some serious moves beyond the gear... I was practically spraying lycee martini out my nose! The band couldn't figure out what everyone was laughing at. Classic.

When I've seen them at the Drake it's pretty restrained reflective of the uppity nature of the crowd there, do they get into it a bit more at Harmony? I presume it's not the kind of place people would dance but is it at least a bit more low key and does the music reflect that?

In my experience, they'll play pretty much whatever you ask them to... since I'm unedumacated, I just say "Funk it up on this one" and they do!

You're right that there's not much of a dance floor as it's set up sans stage, but that's never stopped me from givn'er! Harmony is definitely "College" as opposed to "Queen" in ambiance, but it's not trendy or oversubscribed like the Drake... it's a true gem of an establishment (and no cover!!!)

"Last show" was in reference to a two week break that was being forced on the band by a bassplayer who's pretending there is more to life than music. With that said, Trevor will return from vacation before the new guy gets too comfortable.

Long live the Eagles...I can't wait to download their new double album.

"Last show" was in reference to a two week break that was being forced on the band by a bassplayer who's pretending there is more to life than music. With that said, Trevor will return from vacation before the new guy gets too comfortable.

Long live the Eagles...I can't wait to download their new double album.

aha. good thing i didnt call the join the Cher of a new millenium then.

it dont matter, if i can groove on a thursday, im happy.

• 2 weeks later...