you still have us

don't give up now

we're proud of who you are

don't give up

you know it's never been easy

don't give up

'cause I believe there's the a place

there's a place where we belong

ollie, i was going to post that too! that's one of the longest videos ever!! Jane Siberry played a show in Westboro last year.

anyhoo, ya, dont give up man!

I always thought that song was kind of sappy but I really enjoyed it on Gabriel's last tour when his daughter sang the Kate Bush part. It was really powerful to watch a young woman sing that song to her father. Aww, I think I'm going to cry.

Anyway, positive vibes to tim, whether he needs them or not.

Please take no offense to my comment, I will speak freely.

I give up on trying to promote my livelyhood to folks who couldn't care less. I've been here for a couple of years,..made endless posts for great music coming to a place near you. But with 0% support. Not even a thumbs up(except for a few friends who I know here) Now, I don't expect everyone to show interest, this just doesn't happen. But one would assume that a room full of people who claim to enjoy the likes of jazz, reggae, funk and all that other tasty stuff, would show at least a slight bit of interest. It's all good!

This thread alone proves without doubt that this message board is more concerned with drama than music. This has been my most successful thread yet. too funny

so it's simple,...I give up

Please take no offense to my comment, I will speak freely.

I give up on trying to promote my livelyhood to folks who couldn't care less. I've been here for a couple of years,..made endless posts for great music coming to a place near you. But with 0% support. Not even a thumbs up(except for a few friends who I know here) Now, I don't expect everyone to show interest, this just doesn't happen. But one would assume that a room full of people who claim to enjoy the likes of jazz, reggae, funk and all that other tasty stuff, would show at least a slight bit of interest. It's all good!

This thread alone proves without doubt that this message board is more concerned with drama than music. This has been my most successful thread yet. too funny

so it's simple,...I give up

I recognize your username but I have no idea what the name of your band is or if you play in the Ottawa area (where I live).

On the plus side, and according to your own logic, now that you've stirred up some drama maybe people will pay you more attention.

Good luck! And don't give up!!

Wow, what an odd thing to post.

What makes you so sure that no one attended the gigs you recommended? I don't always announce I will be at a particular show. I often just go. If you ever recommended a good show in Whistler or even Vancouver I'd read the thread and consider it.

I also think it is offensive to accuse people here of being more concerned with drama than with music. You should appreciate that people would care enough about someone they've never met to follow up and ensure that person is not "giving up" on life. The idea that we don't care about music, however, is absurd. Count the number of posts about music ongoing right now. As I write this, there are eleven musical-threads on page one.

Relax.

For what it's worth, I would have come out and listened to (and probably taped) at least some of your shows, but being in Ottawa made that impossible. And, as one who's hyped (via announcements and roll calls) shows, well, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. (Consider last Thursday's Chameleon Project / High Plains Drifter show, for which the band pretty much outnumbered the attendees. I've also had roll calls and "download available" posts that received no responses.)

And as for the "more concerned with drama than music", I think that's an insulting overstatement. A forum like this may initially be devoted to a particular subject, but gradually morphs into a community which will have music as the common element, but also all the usual community stuff (like party/baby announcements, calls for help, restaurant recommendations, etc.) added in. This is not a bad thing, it's a good thing, as it encourages involvement, and expands the range of people each of us interacts with. It's also a pattern you'll see in just about any forum. (I've been part of on-line fora since my university days, back in the late 1980s.)

My advice: keep at the on-line promotion. It'll be hit-or-miss, but since it doesn't cost much (in $ or time), and can pay off (when that one guy you don't know, or is even anonymous) big, it's worth the effort.

Aloha,

Brad

Strange,I've seen numerous folks from this board at shows where your playing,maybe not as many as you'd like to see and maybe you aren't getting the pat on the back your looking for here but certianly not 0% support.No way.

This thread alone proves without doubt that this message board is more concerned with drama than music.

No offence, but the only drama appears to be from yourself here,wouldn't have been easier to just speak your mind right from the start,instead of leaving people to wonder?

What's the band name?

I think I've missed this.

Where can I hear it?

The board has worked for me in promo ways, but it's like my guitar player said "you will ALWAYS care about your band more than other people will."

Point me in the right direction brah.

Sorry you're frustrated. Getting people out is a bitch! Just the way it goes I thinks.