Jambands.ca

this just in...God breaks His silence.

timouse

Once you get past the implicit monotheism, for which I've lost most of my patience, this is classic (especially considering that it comes out of North Carolina, of all places).

Reminds me of a t-shirt I saw recently: Humanity, this is God, pick up, I'm not leaving another message!

I agree. However it shouldn't be surprising that it comes from the southern US. Some of the most foul-mouthed, anti-monotheistic people I've met have come from regions where the bible is above the common law. It makes sense that there would be a reactionary response to the rigid dogma that permeates their daily lives.

BTW

I believe in the Flying Spagetti Monster and pirates.

Avast ye scalliwags! Arrrr!

BTW

I believe in the Flying Spagetti Monster and pirates.

Avast ye scalliwags! Arrrr!

Yes, I've followed your link to the Almighty FSM, and I will forever be in your debt, not to mention, awe.

I do believe we should make a mass-exodus-cum-conversion to the FSM church/belief-system....well, okay, let's not 'exodus' fropm jam-bands --let's just be the jam-bands contingent.

it works so well as so many of us already speak "pirate" and like to play dress-up.

for those not in the know........ www.venganza.org ....join us...the Flying Spaghetti Monster will only tolerate non-beleivers for a short while, then you may feel His wrath!!!!

Every one of your religions claims there's only one of Me (which' date=' by the way, is absolutely true[/b']).

Lost me right there.

What do other ideologies say?

One...many...does it matter?

Seems pretty immaterial no?

I don't care what other ideoligies say.Why does it matter how I feel? Couldn't the same thing be said without the whole religion card being played?

I feel no need to justify my comment so I won't.I left my comment as I did for this very reason,but yet,still it gets dragged up and questioned.

Couldn't the same thing be said without the whole religion card being played?

That's the problem with the word "religion" - it's an early modern invention (you don't see the word used substantively until the sixteenth century). Language can be an awful thing - takes all the mystery out of life (literally).

Hope I'm not labouring the point....

Couldn't the same thing be said without the whole religion card being played?

That's the problem with the word "religion" - it's an early modern invention (you don't see the word used substantively until the sixteenth century)

Ah' date=' yes... The "Opiate of the masses..."

All Hail the FSM!!!

[img']http://www.venganza.org/images/wallpapers/wallpaper1280.jpg

Every one of your religions claims there's only one of Me (which' date=' by the way, is absolutely true[/b']).

Lost me right there.

What do other ideologies say?

One...many...does it matter?

Seems pretty immaterial no?

I don't care what other ideoligies say.Why does it matter how I feel? Couldn't the same thing be said without the whole religion card being played?

I feel no need to justify my comment so I won't.I left my comment as I did for this very reason,but yet,still it gets dragged up and questioned.

Dude,

It was a request for information not a statement to antogonize.

I am admittedly a little under-informed ... thought you could shed some light on something. Maybe you're into these cool religiousesque principles that see many gods. Earth, Wind, Fire, Rain? Dunno. I was intrigued not judgemental.

No harm intended.

Q : Why is the religion card played?

IMHO: The religion card getting played in a way that offers no support to the tendancy for people to focus on the specifics of religious text and further points out that the attempts by devotees to fuel their religious fire based on some bizarre telephone-gamey interpretation of a PERSON-MADE book have been essentially fruitless and actually more harmful to this point in current history is amazingly necessary when most (if not all) wars are steeped in this very misguided behaviour.

Every sabbath the masses go to the temple and the buffet of the book is served, it's time that those who are trying to figure spirituality out sans a finite text got to put something on the table.

Maybe not important to you, maybe you already knew what to do, what to edit for yourself, others don't and need the seams of their tunnel vision burst open to reveal that .....

IT DOESN'T MATTER....all these books, all these ways of saying it, quarreling b/n different interpretations GET US ALL NOWHERE but mired in confusion and fanaticism.

They're all good books, and good word to live by...to...a...point....then humanity has to usurp ALL of that, because that God (collective positive energy), these Gods (our brothers and sisters), us Gods (you and me), all these God(s) of humanity are the only Gods that will bring us closer to peace.

The religion card getting played in a way that offers no support to the tendancy for people to focus on the specifics of religious text and further points out that the attempts by devotees to fuel their religious fire based on some bizarre telephone-gamey interpretation of a PERSON-MADE book have been essentially fruitless adn actually more harmful to this point in current history is amazingly necessary when most (if not all) wars are steeped in this very misguided behaviour.

Longest.

Sentence.

Ever!!!

;)

This is whats written on my wall(a gift from a friend):

"There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."

-Dalai Lama

That in my opinon makes alot more sense in achieving peace,without being long winded,over thought or analytical and without ever touching on the subject of anything close to religion or god (of any incarnation).And no I am not a buddhist.

You choose your way and I'll choose mine.

Most days I'll choose yours. I keep to myself and spread kindness among my friends and loved ones.

There is reason for what I do and my "long winded-ness" helps me in affirming what it is I am trying to change in the world. A mission statement of sorts.

As long as we're moving in the same direction.

Which we are. :)

Edited by Guest

There is reason for what I do and my "long winded-ness" helps me in affirming what it is I am trying to change in the world.

I give up...my comments had nothing to do with yours,but with the whole god letter.I apologise for ever opening my mouth in this thread.

Edited by Guest