Jambands.ca

what is your HYHU?

dJEd

No, you're right, ACDC songs should make you want to change.

Morning has Broken - i dont knwo why - Cat Stevens is one of my favourites of all time, but i cringe when that song comes on.

Edited by Guest
before it sounded like tony the tiger saying No ACDC song should cause you to change the station - They're great!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

California Dreamin'. The most depressing song out there. My Mom said that I despised that song even as a small child.

djed, I am with you 100% on Crazy Train as well. There is no turn off greater than seeing a drunken jackass feel the need to perform that song, air guitar style, should it happen to come on at a bar. Windmills and everything. Ew!

i actually like crazy train....but i like ozzy's cover of stayin alive better...at the beginning he goes "alll aboard the disco traaaain!" it's totally kick ass.

don't want to miss a thing by aerosmith. it's for completely personal reasons, not musical that i don't like that song. oh and that see you in heaven song by clapton. they both make me cry.

anything by the dead, in any of their forms, especially if played at an afterparty, makes me mentally go into the fetal position so i don't lash out.

street sleeper, GTB

sounds like a horse galloping to me

King Arthur: My squire and i have traveled long on horseback to...

Knight: Horse? What horse? You've got coconuts!

King Arthur: No we dont, we've a horse!

Knight: No, you've got two halves of a coconut, and you're bang'n em togeather, where'd you find em?

King Arthur: On the side of the road

Knight: Coconuts? Why, coconuts are tropical, this is a temprate zone!

Don't know why I immediately thought of this...

Steve

Life is a highway (Tom Cochrane) and that one song Alanis Morrisette recycles over & over again into different works of annoyance.

they play her new album, which seems to be a reworking of her old tunes, endlessly on the New CBC. jagged little pill was engaging because it was, well, sort of honest anger, or at least innocent anger. now she's a 30something being bitter like an 18 year old.

no thanks...

I think it's hilarious that she tries to pretend that "pop Alanis" never existed.

I remember when "Jagged Little Pill" was released, my girlfriend at the time worked at a record store. They were under strict orders to return all copies of the pop Alanis album (albums?) to the record company so that she could then release her "first album"

lol.

jam_alanis_CD_cover.gif

Not that I'm a big advocat of hers or anything, but...

If you'd been hoodwinked into releasing that pile of crap then finally decided to do some work that was more reflective of your passions (I know this may be a bit of a stretch for some to let fly but let's roll with it for the sake of argument), wouldn't you want that abomination pulled?

well - i think i'd give her a much bigger break than that... location and age difference alone is enough to make you a totally different person - and pulling the old records would be a label decision and i know that probably wouldnt be the battles i'd be picking as a new artist.

I dont mind her. I would hope that she can come up with some decent stuff now, but if she can't well no biggie, she had a good run. Everybody can't be awesome all the time.

Not that i'm in the fan club - but i have a thing about expecting artists to be able to produce the same caliber of art indefinitely. I don't think it's possible and i think it's unfair to expect it.

Big Balls? C'mon Deeps; how can you diss a song that made it into the party-scene in Risky Business? :P

(Of course, I'm semi-kidding; but I do love those AC/DC guys. Pure, dirty, old rock 'n' roll.)

If you like AC/DC, you should check out Hayseed Dixie. You can find some of their shows on Archive.org/Etree... They cover LOTS of AC/DC in a bluegrass style. Pretty interesting stuff, really... And the singer-guy is a student of philosophy.

Anyhow, might be worth checking out!

Steve

I'm well familiar with Hayseed Dixie, my friend, and agreed! They're hilarious, but also great musicians.

The best name of an AC/DC band that I know of, though, is our local British Columbia (B.C.) AC/DC band...

[color:red]BC/DC

lol! ;):P

Hey Steve, are you familiar with Kingston, Ontario's "Luther Wright and the Wrongs"? Best darn bluegrass Pink Floyd you're ever likely to hear...

Playing in the Band with Donna G. I can literally go from happy to murderous rage at her vocal barf solo.

:o :shocked: :crazy: :confused:

i go the opposite way!

give me all Donna..all the time :)

an opening set of:

sunrise

from the heart of me

you ain't woman enough

strange man

stir it up

france

would be killer ;)

JGBPort76D.jpg