Jambands.ca

Neil Young on Conan Nov. 1-4...

Weirdness

its only one a night. the only other band i know that played four nights in a row on Conan was the White Stripes.

I keep reading online its to be from november 1-4, perhaps its changed since october 14th when it was annouced.

[edit]

My misunderstanding Swan, misread your post.

Edited by Guest

11-01-2005, NBC Studios, New York City, New York

Late Night With Conan O'Brien

w/ The Prairie Wind Band

Far From Home

11-02-2005, NBC Studios, New York City, New York

w/ The Prairie Wind Band

The Painter

11-03-2005, NBC Studios, New York City, New York

w/ The Prairie Wind Band

This Old Guitar / The Needle And The Damage Done

11-04-2005, NBC Studios, New York City, New York

w/ The Prairie Wind Band

No Wonder / When God Made Me

It was a great week last week looking forward to seeing Neil Young four nights of the week on Late Night with Conan O'Brien.

Though I did drop the ball and missed Young on Tuesday. I actually got off my butt and watched and taped the other three days.

I especially love the interview Conan had with Young on Thursday. Where it was told that Neil changed all the tunings on Conan's guitars in his office. Then when asked Neil answered why he doesn't often do television. In a very typical Young response he stated how he is a control freak, and Young can't control how the people at home watch the show. Conan asked Neil how should they watch the next performance. And again typically Young told everone to turn it up as loud as the TV could go, which was funny because the next song was "Needle and the Damage Done."

Ah I guess Neil even wants wooden music, as his old bandmate Graham Nash used to say, to be played loud.

It wasn't made loud, but Young still wants it played loud. Okay Neil whatever you say.

Tim

Don't forget everybody, it's Neil Young's 60th birthday this upcoming Saturday November 12, 2005.

I'll be in Grantham, PA trying to convince Jeff Tweedy from stage to perform a Young song in honour of the greatest Canadian artist ever reaching this milestone of just not dying this year, as he nearly did.

And I'll be seeing that Tweedy show with a former/future (?) lover I met at Farm Aid 1999. Neil truly has been more than any other musician the soundtrack of my life.

I don't know how the rest of you will be celebrating the day but that is what I'll be doing.

Thank the Maker, that Young can still "keep on rockin' in the free world" and I hope God doesn't have any plans to take him from us any time soon.

Tim