Jambands.ca

Another bad review....

Dr. J

Seeing Ollie's post of the restaurant review reminded me of this review of The Constantine's new album in Toronto's NOW magazine. Nowhere near as in depth or as well put together as the restaurant review, but brutal nonetheless.

THE CONSTANTINES Tournament Of Hearts (Three Gut) Rating: N

Evidently unconcerned about going into the studio without much in the way of real songs, T.O. scene stars the Constantines have built Tournament Of Hearts out of lethargically thudding beats and monotonously grinding guitar riffs over which singer dude Bry Webb snarls like a constipated Greg Dulli about nothing in particular. Their Sub Pop guru, Jonathan Poneman, should've warned them that it didn't work for the Afghan Whigs. Oops.

Tim Perlich

NOW | SEPTEMBER 29 - OCTOBER 5, 2005 | VOL. 25 NO. 5

i don't know very much about this band, how long they've been around, or really anything other than people here & there saying they're good.

and i'm sorry, but every time i hear their name, all i can think about is that loser american idol dipshit.

sorry constantines. that must really suck. if you change your band name people will probably understand.

and i'm sorry, but every time i hear their name, all i can think about is that loser american idol dipshit.

sorry constantines. that must really suck. if you change your band name people will probably understand.

who? honestly, not being facetious, i have no clue and have never made the association.

as for the record - no opinion, havent heard it, BUT, they played a ton of songs off the album during their stop here in London, just before the record came out, and it SMOKED live... i still need to pick up the disc, though...