Jambands.ca

Bruce Cockburn Live at the Rehersal Hall

Cully

Last night was one that I will not soon forget. M invited me to a taping of Live at the Rehersal Hall with Bruce at the Chum City building downtown. When I arrived, I realized how intimate the concert was going to be, as there must have only been fifty people in attendance. After a couple of free drinks, we were led into the studio and M and I decided to sit on bar-stools right on the stage!

Bruce's band for this performace included a violin player and a percussion player. I have to admit that I have never really considered myself to be a big fan of his music, but once Bruce hit the stage I was totally captivated by the sound (and his larger than life stage presence).

M and I were both blown away by Bruce's guitar playing , and I was amazed at how much sound could be created by three musicians on stage. I am sorry that I don't have a setlist, but I can say that Bruce did not play many of his hits (If a Tree Falls in the Forests? was the only song I recognized) In between songs, Bruce told stories of his travels to Iraq and shared insight into his music. He has just released an instrumental album (he played one track off it that was so beautiful).

I have to say that this performance was one of the best I have ever seen. Bruce is a class act all the way....

The show will air on Jan 8 (on Bravo) and I encourage everyone to check it out!!!

Oh yeah, M and I had cameras on us for almost the entire performance (which got a little nerve-racking as I worried about getting caught picking my nose or staring at the pretty girls in the audience) Thanks so much M...you are the best!!

Edited by Guest

I was thinking about going to see him at the Chatham Cultural Center this Sunday. Didn't even know he was playing until the 'Screen Test' contest this morning on CFCO.

I knew that the film clip they played was from Animal House and called up the station to WIN WIN WIN. I got through on my first time and buddy told me I was the first called, at which point I began to tell him the movie clip was Animal House, to which he interrupted that they were looking for caller number four. Made me ANGRY!!

Here's an idea, CFCO jerks, how about if you're looking for caller number four mention as much when you hold the contest instead of just saying 'call in if you know what movie clip this is...' I'm thinking about calling the station this afternoon and explaining my early morning mistreatment. Who knows, maybe they did mention the caller number four business but I missed it... still I think I'll call them.

I shall try again for Bruce tix on tomorrow's screen test! If this approach in acquiring tix fails, I will think about shelling out the $40 for the tix. If I go I will record the show.

lol

"CFCO JERKS".. too funny.. i wonder if they'll give you tix cuz of the mistreatment.. i wonder if greg heatherington over at cksy is doing a ticket giveaway as well.. you could monopolize both stations.

bb i posted above that he's playing on the 27th last week..

kiwanis is going to be a pretty sweet setting to see him play.

Just called the radio station... no luck on getting pity tickets but I am invited to "keep on trying." the contest goes on until Friday... op, I do believe Fridays are 1st time winner days though. I won two movie rentals some time ago.. I wonder if they have that on record.

Hmm, I must have missed your post from last week about him playing on the 27th, Birdy.

• 1 month later...