Jambands.ca

Hiway Freeker - NERO PARTY!

bouche

This friday is a big night out in Wakefield with nero and Hiway Freeker pulling off seamless sets to blow your mind.

Currently, there are plans for a bus that will depart from the bus station on St. Catherine st. on Friday to deliver people to the Black Sheep Inn. It will return after the seamless set extravaganza. It's only $6 and the bus holds fifty. If you're interested, please post here or email sanctuary@jambands.ca.

Also, there is some camping at Jyll's place which isn't too far from the Black Sheep Inn. I don't have all the info on that, however.

nero with Keys... hmmmm....won't that be fun?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're looking for a slightly different kind of gig on Saturday night, you should head West!

This Saturday, June 21 is the Bayshore Fun Days in Bayshore Park. Think of a country fair where admission is free and the adventures are many! Not only do you get to see some great demos and unknown local acts, but you'll also get a dose of DR. HUXTABLE and JIVA JU!!!! That's right, starting at 7:00, these two great bands will be playing the open air to anyone who wants a listen!

It's free, it's easy to get to, and there'll be some great food to nosh on while you watch! Sit under the stars and watch some on stage!

You can call me, Lucy at 782-2279 if you want more information.

Please keep in mind that this is a family style event so your kiddies are welcome but the booze isn't!

Thanks for the info, Kitari; I was going to ask about this event (seeing as I wanted to go).

Exactly where is Bayshore Park? I know Bayshore Mall, and Andrew Haydon Park, but Bayshore Park is new to me; an intersection, or directions relative to the mall, or a bus route, would be helpful.

Aloha,

Brad

Bayshore Park is super easy to get to! If you know where the Bayshore Mall is, then you're two steps away!

If you cross at the lights at the Bayshore Mall and continue between the two residential buildings, you'll see the park directly in front of you. Just walk on through! You'll be coming in the back way, but this is the best way for those without a car.

If you do have wheels, continue along Woodridge Crescent, past the mall. Go around a bend and you'll see a Recreation Centre on your left, a school on your right and then also on the right - the park! The address is 175 Woodridge Crescent. There's limited parking in the park (free) and also parking along the roads (also free).

I believe that it is right behind the appt. buildings across from the mall. If you turn on the street that Bayshore is on (starts with a W - can't remember though) and go past bayshore it will take you there, around the appt buildings. Anyone with better directions?

I do have a little map of the area should anyone need a visual.

Basically, get off of the 417 at Bayshore Drive, turn left on Woodridge Crescent and follow it around until you see the rides and stuff. If you hit Bayshore Road again, you've gone too far and must be blind!

Or if you're coming from Carling, turn South on to Bayshore Drive and then take your first right on to Woodridge Crescent. You'll see the park on your left.

If anyone wants to see the flyer/poster of the Bayshore Fun Days event (complete with full stage listings and events) just email me at lmuggridge@minto.com and I can send you a digital copy to look over.

And yes Hux, it's actually called Bayshore Park.

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Huxtable:

Yes brad, the PA is unplugged at 10, so look for an hour from Jiva at 7:00 sharp, followed by Hux till 10, with the Jivas returning for a complete Terrapin Station.

And then maybe haul all the gear back to 40 Main St. for an impromptu/improvised after-party? [smile]

Aloha,

Brad

Archived