Jambands.ca

where are all the people?

Birdy

ok.. i'm wondering where all of the musically inclined people from the truly southwest portion of ontario are? yes the windsor/chatham corridor.. maybe even north to include sarnia.. where are these people?

sure there are some chathamites on this site, most of who seem to have ventured east, but seriously, isn't there anyone on here from say, windsor?

it kinda makes me sad. i'd like to talk about shows and stuff, say in detroit, but i fear i'd be talking to myself :(

are there any detroit show goers out there? am i the only one?

Birdy, me and some friends are going to ekoostik Hookah at the Magic Bag in Ferndale on the 3rd of December, you're more than welcome.

Until i moved to KW, it was nothing but Det. shows for me. I barely knew any Ontario bands because i didn't need to (no offense) Detroit gets big bands all the time and it is only an hour from Chatham.

i don't know anyone from Windsor that frequents shows though.

ahh there you are! all... two of you! :)

schwa i may just go to hookah. i'll let you know when i decide.. im also thinking about gordon lightfoot in stratford but he's 70 bucks a ticket.. ouch.

phunk nugget, i'm one of the poor fools who ventured west and CAME BACK! agh.. i know.. i had to finish school and then i got all wrapped up in my current job and c'est la vie. i do miss vancouver a lot though. ahhhhhhhh.. detroit is a comforting bonus to living around here. or so i tell myself! :)

karinannie- i don't think i know you.. do i? not sure.. i'll keep dark star orchestra in mind. thanks!

well at least i now know that there are some of you out there into the detroit scene.. there's just so much that goes on there, musically speaking, and i thought i had noone to share it with.

cheers to the armpit of ontario! :)

so i hear! fyi.. i think they're playing at the blind pig in ann arbor.. not the magic bag.

jaydawg- there's really not a lot around here.. in canada per say..

i can't speak for sarnia but windsor.. hmm. maybe patrick o'ryans, dominion house, hmm. there used to be a wicked little bar called the spotted dog but it has since closed down... brain straining.. with detroit across the river, it blows windsor out of the water. its the 'scene'.

awww shit you're right. oh well, ann arbor is close to Karinannie's place so we can go back there i'm sure (eh Karin? :) )

Eff Windsor anyway. Every bar there has goons for bouncers. With the very high volume of Americans coming over on a Weekendly basis who can't handle their liquor, bars stock up on meathead security that would NOT tolerate much of the stuff that goes on at your typical jam show (ie: having fun) because they have it in their heads that all drunks are violent. Having gone to school there for University it took me all of 3 months to completely write off every bar in town aside from one that my friend owned (and lost)

Basically, Jaydawg, I wouldn't concern yourself with promoting shows in the windsor area, unless of course, you have some bands lined up that really enjoy playing to empty rooms.

If that is the case, I recommend the Press Club. It's awesome up there! Great view of the detroit skyline.

Yeah, I stopped looking at Detroit show listings... I'm border challenged at present and it made me too frustrated to see what I was missing. I'm quite sad to be missing hookah... I don't think it'll be my last chance though. DSO too; been too long since I've seen them.

all of you felony impaired people! that's half my friend base too. felony impaired. drives me nuts. trying to rally troops that can't be rallied. and it is depressing cause there's so much great stuff happening across the mighty river. boo. four words: APPLY FOR A PARDON!!

windsor is brutal.. downtown on a fri/sat night is literally littered with americans who all think the city is the greatest city ever. i steer clear if at all possible. aside from shopping, a decent movie theatre and classic albums live i don't have much use for the town.

a pardon in hand gives you a 100% better chance at getting across the border than no pardon would.

so you get pulled in crossing the border, so what! a pardon, is a pardon.. you're "pardoned".

if homeland security wants to be pricks, they can be pricks to whomever they want. felony or no felony.

upgrade to a bomber jacket, a shave and a splash of tommy hilfiger cologne and you may have a shot.

on a more serious note, if you are indeed native, you're probably right. it wouldn't shock me in the least bit if those power trippin' border guards held you back cuz of that. pricks.