Jambands.ca

hey Pink Floyd heads -

MarcO

ok.... so I post this for fun only but here's the deal.

on this thread from this PF message board there is a dude. Dude is from the Toronto area and has had inside scoops on a few things before, not least the Live 8 reunion gig long before it was confirmed. Dude swears that there has been bidding going on between promoters for a reunited Pink Floyd doing a limited series of gigs in Summer of 2006. His buddy is a Ontario promoter putting in a bid - apparently $1-million just for the rights for bidding.

Independently, in the past two weeks a promoter in the Philly area has claimed he has nabbed a Floyd show for a "field" in the Philadelphia area in Summer 2006. Now Ontario dude has revealed his promoter buddy has secured the deal for a Floyd show in.......

wait for it......

you won't believe this.....

Owen Sound!?!?!?

Like I said, I found this rumour to be interesting enough to share but I don't think I believe it. Having said that, Roger Waters hasn't given an interview since July where he hasn't mentioned how much he would like to work with PF again (even going so far as telling an Italian papaer he'd like to do another album with them). Mason has said he would do it in a heartbeat and let's just assume that Rick Wright is passive enough to so it either way. It seems David Gilmour is the man holding things up this time around.

Again, blow me down with a feather should it happen, but can you imagine a reunited Pink Floyd show taking place in OWEN SOUND?!?

Edited by Guest

the land in Owen Sound.. The Northern Sound Groove could be the potential land they are talking about, that's where they did the Classic Rock Festival 2 years ago (Alice Cooper, Blue Oyster Cult, Kim Mitchell, Joe Walsh)

The Pink Floyd show I saw in '94 or '95 was mind-blowing I'd love to see 'em again, this time with the original line-up.