Jambands.ca

Grammatical Tip of the Day

Patchoulia

Yeah, I'm a dork...whatever...

In any case, here is today's grammatical FYI:

The expression "Hear, hear!" is spelled just as I've written it--a British expression short for "Hear ye, hear ye..."

Therefore, when congratulating a fellow Skank on a particularly cogent point or expressing your assenting opinion to something that has been posted, please, use "Hear, hear!" and not "Here, here."

Thanks, you're nice.

Edited by Guest

Thank you for the lesson. I'm sure all of us are better for it....supposing that most of us had no idea how to spell.

If you weren't looking to better yourself, you could have avoided opening the thread entitled "Grammatical Tip of the Day".

P.S. This phrase is constantly misspelled because it's generally used verbally--I was edified as to its spelling and origin from a message board thread and I'm passing the tip along!

Thank you for the lesson. I'm sure all of us are better for it....supposing that most of us had no idea how to spell.

If you weren't looking to better yourself' date=' you could have avoided opening the thread entitled "Grammatical Tip of the Day".

[/quote']

here, here ;)

I know, I just couldn't resist seeing what profound and enlightening bit of knowledge you had to share with us since you seem to always have one.

P.S. and I'm sure others know that it's constantly misspelled, they just don't feel the need to ensure everyone knows they do.

Edited by Guest

Yeah, I'm a dork...whatever...

In any case, here is today's grammatical FYI:

The expression "Hear, hear!" is spelled just as I've written it--a British expression short for "Hear ye, hear ye..."

Therefore, when congratulating a fellow Skank on a particularly cogent point or expressing your assenting opinion to something that has been posted, please, use "Hear, hear!" and not "Here, here."

Thanks, you're nice.

thanks...something else I was recently told. "Bear with me" is actually "Bear" and not "Bare" So bear with me....I always thought it was "Bare with me"

can you confirm this SP?

Sorry folks. You're right! I just have a hard time swallowing her kind of pill at times.

Dude what pill?

How is it even possible to get offended by this topic?

It was tactfully written and contained no arrogance whats so ever. It was completely intended to help those who might appreciate it.

Edited by Guest