Jambands.ca

Anyone want to come to CUBA Jazz Fest this weekend?

Large Marge

I can get an all-inclusive package to Varadero for myself at $720, or for two at $1,132. That's less than $600 each (and I haven't even Price Bashed it yet!).

Check in at Varadero, drain the mini-bar and bus to Havana (for $12), stay at a Paladar for $20 a night and hit the Clubs! There are only 2 ticketed events as far as I can tell and the rest is a major Jazz free-for-all… in the streets, in the clubs, in the hotels... Wherever! Then, when it wraps on the 4th I was thinking about renting a bike and touring back to tour back to Varadero across the countryside.

Any takers?

varaderosunsetsmall4yj.jpg

Holy sheet! We'll actually be in Veradero this weekend as well! Nice to hear there's a jazz fest going on. Good timing!

Beware that Varadero's a gated community and none of the locals are allowed in... Make sure you get into Havana if you want to see some real local music. Here's a link for the (sparce) details Havana Jazz Fest and another site

and this one should help you find a room (not that you'll need help... just ask anyone you meet!) Casa Particulars

I'm still looking for a partner in crime... need to book tomorrow if at all. C'mon kids; I've now found a package for $1100... that's only $550 each!!!!

I can get an all-inclusive package to Varadero for myself at $720, or for two at $1,132. That's less than $600 each (and I haven't even Price Bashed it yet!).

Check in at Varadero, drain the mini-bar and bus to Havana (for $12), stay at a Paladar for $20 a night and hit the Clubs! There are only 2 ticketed events as far as I can tell and the rest is a major Jazz free-for-all… in the streets, in the clubs, in the hotels... Wherever! Then, when it wraps on the 4th I was thinking about renting a bike and touring back to tour back to Varadero across the countryside.

Any takers?

varaderosunsetsmall4yj.jpg

WHY DIDN'T YOU POST THIS A FEW DAYS SO0NER????

- :( Can'o'Phish sobbing quietly in the corner :( -

c'mon kids.... you'll be saving me $300 by coming with (and providing me with a partner in crime as well)

Here's some more detail:

The Edition XXII of the International Festival ? Jazz Square 2005 ? will be dedicated this year in memory of the famous English jazz player Ronnie Scott and to the Anniversaryof the Club that takes his name in London. As part of the event will realize a Theoretical Conference in which Magisterial Classes will be given, Conversatorios and Projection of documentaries, also photographic exhibitions will be realized on the subject-matter of the Jazz, selling of magazines specializing in the music and the selling of CD of famous interpreters of the Jazz.

Nick “Brownman†Ali and distinguished drummer Stich Wynston of the SHUFFLE DEMONS – have been asked to represent Canada.