Jambands.ca

bike stealers should be...

bONES

SHOT

fUckers

someone stole my only mode of transportation, my exercise, my joy last night while i was at my meditation class :(

the only bonus of coming outside and noticing it was gone was being too chill/relaxed to freak out

i miss you already sweet paint

BASTARD bike thief

That blows! You're the 5th friend to have their ride stolen this summer Bones... Toronto has the highest rate of bike theft in North America and yet nothing is being done to combat it.

We recently had our entire Community Bicycle Network "GreenFleet" stolen out of storage. Obviously organized, the thieves must have seen the bikes being loaded into the garage, as they broke in that night, helping themselves to 12 out of 14 nearly new Norcos (all that are able to fit in a cargo-van). Thankfully the cops treated it as a "major crime" and assigned Detectives but in reality, even that hasn't seemed to help.

One of the bikes was recently recovered by a member who spotted it on the street and apprehended the rider, demanding to know where it was obtained. He refused the information but relinquished the bike, gave his name and his place of employment (the bike was parked out front). This info was immediately provided to the police (2 weeks ago at least) and they have yet to follow up!

It's so frustrating to know that we could easily trace the chain of sale and at least apprehend the direct profiteer, if not the whole chain of petty (and major!) thieves.

There’s a sticker available that says “Bike Theft = Bad Karmaâ€; I think I’ll get you one for your next ride. In the mean time, if you want to sign up for Bikeshare, I can hook it up for free in exchange for a few hours of volunteer time :)

Join BikeShare

thanks livingstoned and Large Marge

i have to say it was quite confusing last night coming out to hop on my bike and it wasn't there

i think i was in disbelief at first

what is most upsetting is that i had SOOOOO much fun on that thing!

oh well

attachment creates suffering

and yes bike stealing IS bad karma

"dress it down" when you pick up a new one.

that was the first thing i did

took it completely apart and spray painted it flat black with silver glitter

the guys at the bike shop i go to used to call it sweet paint so i guess in a way i ended up dressing it up..haha

if i find it on the street i may LOSE it on the person

That blows! You're the 5th friend to have their ride stolen this summer Bones... Toronto has the highest rate of bike theft in North America and yet nothing is being done to combat it.

on a kind of creepy side of that story..

i was waiting for my at the time girlfriend to walk her home after work..

this was around the bathurst/dundas area of toronto..

i had picked up a 12 pack of beer for us to drink later on..

my box o beer caught the attention of a passer by.. the guy was riding a bike..

he stopped and started a conversation with me..

obviously wanting a beer.. so being in a kind mood at the moment i gave him a beer..

and he proceeds to tell me where he got the bike..

what this douchebag does is goes around stealing bikes to sell to another guy...

the OTHER guy SNIFFS THE BIKE SEATS!!..

he doesnt care if it is a guys bike or a girls..

sorry to put that out there but its a wacky story i thought fit with this thread..

i feel your pain man..

i long board all over the city

if that got stolen i wouldnt know what to do with myself.