Jambands.ca

Fav 3 phish songs that you have seen live

ge-off

after being reminded of the 12.01.2003 albany show.

and remembering Tweezer->2001->YEM from it.

got me thinking about shows and songs that have been played together at a show.. what songs MADE shows for you skanks..

for me it was the above mentioned songs..

aswell as

06.20.2004.. Seven Below->Ghost->Twist from the second set..

these songs in the set elevated the show from good to great,,, at least in my opinion..

what are some stand outs for y'all?

well it's a cover, but Rock and Roll from Cypress was sweet

moma dance from toronto

YEM from albany 98, mostly due to the vocal jam with the INSANE lights

those are just off the top of my head, i could do a better list but am busy at work. (originally wrote i am busty at work. i wish)

ad

Oh shit,

07-17-98 The Gorge

2001 > Mike's > Weekapaug

I cant believe I forgot about that madness and the second set, second day of The Clifford Ball. Choose any three.

booche has the idea.. i was really looking for songs that were played in sequence...

but all of those listed i am gonna hunt out..

This is off the top of my head, so I'm bound to change my mind later, but here's a few goodies I remember...

Big Black Furry Creature From Mars - July 3, 1995 Sugarbush, Vermont

I Wanna Be Like You (King Louie's song) - April 5, 1994 - Montreal, Quebec

Roses are Free - Millennium NYE show Florida

... although two out of three of these may not even qualify, as BradM pointed out they have to be Phish songs, and two of these are not.

06/19/04 Piper

A song i heard the oceans sing-> Piper-> Gotta Jibboo-> Limb by Limb

i am just by chance listening to that right now..

the tweezer reprise in piper is and was amazing

right yeah, so I'll go with the proper "rules" and say that the ASIOTOS > Piper > Jibboo was probably the most amazing 3-song sequence I saw them do. It had been a while since I listened to Phish but just the other week I put that sequence on and was amazed. I am so glad I went to those shows!

I was hooked on a new level from the first notes I heard live:

Makisupa->Harpua Great Went

In that same set is the epic YEM that baj just mentioned..... did the sun break through the clouds just when Trey hit the high, held note in the pre-buildup solo (if you can make any sense of that), or was it just the mushrooms???

I also have a special place in my heart for the Big Cypress afternoon set opener: Runaway Jim-> Funky Bitch, partially because I was about 8 rows from the front of the stage, and partly because I had been smoking opium with some guy from Virginia for the 2 hrs leading up to this, with the sun BLAZING down on us.

Edited by Guest
fuÇk the rules...

Maybe:

Bathtub Gin 8-17-97

2001>Bowie 7-31-99

and a tie between Ghost 6-15-00 and Jim>Theme 6-16-00

I'm a bit confused now, if it's supposed to be 3 songs in a row from one show then I'd go with set 2 of 8-17-97 Disease>Gin>Pen or 2001>Jam>Hood

Edited by Guest

hmmmm i didn't get to see a lot of phish shows...but seeing destiny unbound 02 28 03 was pretty darned cool, since it was my first show and all. i'd heard enough to understand the hype, but the crowd was so loud i didn't even know what song it was till the chorus when everyone'd settled down a bit.

seeing proud mary the next night was pretty sweet too.

seeing iron man on nye of 03 would have been very very very cool but alas, i wasn't there.

it wasn't three songs, but I must say, in terms of raising a set to another level, I cannot explain to those who weren;t there what an early 1st set "Weekapaug Groove > Piper" did for us in Cincinnati 2003. People, including myself, were losing their minds when that went down!

Second set was incredible too!