Jambands.ca

Bozos!!! Kesey at Darien '94

kung

The segment with Kesey at Darien the night before the Went just popped on my drive. So much to say really, Llama and I were there and it was something else. The weird ambient talking jam they were doing while Kesey was ranting- you could tell they were feeling one another out. I'm sure in addition to the Oz theme they pull really slow distorted teases of I'm sure something like Stash, was Ghost around yet, maybe Foam even. I can't remember what the reviews say. Then of course the patented Forbin> Bozoooo> 'The Funk Is Too Deep'> Camel Walk!!!! Just finishing the Camel Walk and feeling refreshed for the day.

kung - i'm sure you remember your experiences leading upto and after darien w/ kate even more!! I bet you'll never forget your trek thru the woods for the went!

Did anybody else find that crazy 'white paper' @ darien that year? All i remember is when forbin's kicked in, some guy in front of me took of his prosthetic leg and started waving it around!! That's when I sat down, closed my eyes, shook my head and hoped to return to reality when i opened my eyes...unfortunately that didn't happen 'till the next day [Wink]

I will NEVER forget that show!

8-14-97, probably the best show I've ever seen!! Yup, it was a magical night. The Pranksters craziness was awesome, almost too much. The Hood that night was refreshingly mellow, the Camel Walk was incredibly funky and the Tela was a beauty. Pretty good Antelope in the 1st set too!

I'd say that show is tied with 10-19-96 (me first) as my fav.

yeah that was my first show too ... i'd eat ass for mp3's of that show

Antelope was killer, post Hood jam is one of my favourite Phish moments in the history of everything awesome.

I got Kesey's autograph from the back of Furthur before the show ... had a great time in general ... Kesey's bit was definitely surreal

I was at this one, too - the last of many Summer '97 shows that I went to.

However, I'm going to break ranks here and state that I actually got rather bored during the Pranksters' antics. I mean, it was good for a while, but 15 minutes in, I was ready for something else. On CD, it comes across as even *less* interesting. (It might have been better if Kesey & Co. had been mic'd better, but it was still rather long.)

Brian.

Archived