Rainmaker

Mozambique

Live Together with Joan & Bobby

Ciganos

Walking On

Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys

quote:

Originally posted by MarcO:

Lady With a Fan is another part of the song "Terrapin Station" that can be found on the original album.

Is not 'Lady with a Fan' the start of the song - "Let my inspiration Flow".... that is played at the start; everything up to the "Inspiration, move me brightly..." line. GD played it all the time but it was never really noted as such, just considered part of Terrapin Staion. I've just never seen it AFTER the Terrapin station part. I think it may be a mistake in the setlist.

I could very well be wrong on all of this.

I'm thinking you're right, Keri. I may be getting confused with the section called "Alhambra", which I think the Dead played, like, once, and then dropped it, leaving the "Terrapin Station" we all now recognize.

I used to know these things right off the top of my head. Shows ya what happens when you stop paying as much attention!

Barraco has this to say about Bonnaroo:

What was your musical highlight from last night?

The musical highlight was the whole Drums/Space and then the jam out of Space. We had been talking about breaking down into little units, duos and trios. Last night the Space that preceded the Drums was really cool and the Drums was great, the guys were really entrain. And then Phil and I went out and just started playing and that was cool. I'm hoping that throughout the tour that's going to be a theme. Different units are going to play. The other highlight was the "Attics" encore, I thought that was beautiful

Interesting, veeeeery interesting....................

quote:

Originally posted by backbacon:

quote:

Originally posted by MarcO:

Lady With a Fan is another part of the song "Terrapin Station" that can be found on the original album.

Is not 'Lady with a Fan' the start of the song - "Let my inspiration Flow".... that is played at the start; everything up to the "Inspiration, move me brightly..." line. GD played it all the time but it was never really noted as such, just considered part of Terrapin Staion. I've just never seen it AFTER the Terrapin station part. I think it may be a mistake in the setlist.

I could very well be wrong on all of this.

No, you're right!

Lady With A Fan starts with the line "Let my inspiration flow".

Terrapin starts with the line "Inspiration, move me brightly".

The part MarcO referred to as Alhambra is the part on the album known as At A Siding - the part that begins with "While you were gone/ These spaces filled with darkness" - which, as he correctly noted, was only played live once or twice. I have no idea why the album gives it one name, and the 'heads always gave it another. I mean, I can understand why it would be called "Alhambra", but why the different titles?

All of the other sections noted by Booche above are instrumental sections...

Hope this helps [smile] ,

Brian.

quote:

Originally posted by Booche:

hamilton,

you just saved my life........................

That's what I'm here for!! [big Grin]

I should charge money, or something...

(Just to confuse things even further, though, I don't think GD ever sang the "Alhambra" part - they just played it...)

Archived