Jambands.ca

king kong - jack black

bouche

i saw it and payed 10 bucks..

honestly, its the first time in a long time that i left a movie not feeling ripped off.

the first hour is slow and boring..and does nothing but set up the feel of the characters...

the next two hours totally vindicated the first hour and where incredible.

its popcorn hollywood at its absolute best.

this movie totally made me have hope for big budget blockbuster films...lots of style, incredible action, out of this world effects....i loved it.

jack black is a douche.

Yep, gotta admit I was entertained by this flick...be careful though if you are prone to vertigo!!!...we went with plans to see another movie but ended up seeing King Kong and it was an unexpected surprise...Peter Jackson is a great director and there are so many subtle elements such as soft lighting which was the standard for films "back in the day" to Jack Black's characters one expression...just grab a bucket of popcorn and sit back and enjoy the FX!!!

the first hour is slow and boring..and does nothing but set up the feel of the characters...

the next two hours totally vindicated the first hour and where incredible.

The first hour was totally necessary for character and plot development. It was slow, but not boring. If you shortened the first hour, you'd never care for the plot and the main characters.

King Kong is an excellent film. The movie has soul and so does the ape. I never once thought I was watching a computer-enhanced Andy Serkis. Also worth noting: Serkis also plays the one-eyed cook on the ship.

What I loved is that King Kong actually looks like a large Silver Backed Ape. He moves like an Ape. I loved the other versions as well but King Kong seemed to stand more and move like a man. Limited FX in those days.

I agree with the first hour. It's needed for character development and to be honest I felt it went by quickly.

Has anyone seen Narnia? I loved that movie too, It was one of my favorite books as a kid.

Has anyone seen Narnia? I loved that movie too, It was one of my favorite books as a kid.

Yeah, I saw it. Pretty good. More aimed towards children than Lord of the Rings was, but the special effects were just as good. The little girl was as cute as a button.

Having never read the book, I was a little surprised at the overt Christian messages, though.