Jambands.ca

They Might Be Giants added to moe.down

jamchickcanada

From the web site

MORE BANDS ANNOUNCED FOR MOE.DOWN 4:: moe.down will be held on August 29-31 at Snow Ridge Ski area in Turin, NY again this year. Main stage bands: The Flaming Lips, They Might Be Giants, Rusted Root, Yonder Mountain String Band, Antigone Rising, Peter Prince and the Trauma Unit, Reid Genauer and AOD, Umphrey's McGee, Vorcza Trio, Al and the Transamericans and Swamp Donkey. More to come soon, keep watching. Second stage bands: Nero, Penny Joe Pullis, Om trio, Jimmy Swift Band, Marlow, Guy Malone, Truffle Bluff and Lynch. Tickets will be $85 until July 15th. More info to come.

"Say what you want..........."

This had better be good stuff. I have been shooting my mouth off since last September, and someone might make me look bad.

With all the killer lineups at festivals this summer, I might look like a cheater.

[Wink]

I am going to have ALOT more to say to you DaveO, in about 15 minutes.

Does it seem like there's a conscious effort on the part of moe.down organizers to include more in the way of pure (if somewhat "underground") "pop" acts? (This isn't a complaint; in fact, it might be good for both the acts, and the fans.)

quote:

From "Birdhouse In Your Soul" by TMBG:

There's a picture opposite me

Of my primitive ancestry

Which stood on rocky shores

And kept the beaches shipwreck-free

While I admire that a lot

I'd be fired if that were my job

After killing Jason off

And countless screaming Argonauts

Aloha,

Brad

Ok, so i've liked Moe for all of 2 months now....BUT I've been a Flaming Lips fan for 4 or 5 years.....and more importantly it's been 13 years since I bought TMBG 'Flood' on cassette..

Pretty soon they are going to have to announce ABBA and Neil Diamond to fill the void left in bands from my childhood....

I was scared TMBG was going the way of Devo-doing sound for picture and TV and that's it...nice to hear they can still pull off some shows.

If anyone hasn't heard it, the TMBG "John Henry" album rocks. "Destination:Moon" is one of the smartest songs ever.

No shit.

TMBG is one of my secret pleasures.

They are one of those bands that I've always wanted to see. Been listining to them 12 years.

well they say good things come in three's and so far there are 2 off the wall bands...

Bring on the Ween!!!

I think I can sing along with every world of Flood, and I now boast four TMBG studio albums in my cd collection. I'll be the freak screaming along with:

"Now, it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive, and there's nothing I want to do!"

I came back as a bag of groceries... This is gonna be serious fun.

k velvet, stapes, we are gonna be a frinking drunken choir!!

I don't memorize lyrics very often, but I know almost all of the TMBG ones....tee hee.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's the whip-crack in "Minimum Wage" that sparked my interest in sound...funny i was just thinking about that the other day.

Velvet: Hound stapes for that bootleg I gave him-studio show from 94 that's wicked!

A TMBG admission: I once lost my phone priveleges for a month because I called the NY number that used to play a song....4 times. During the day. duh.

Good God is this gonna be fun!!!

Archived