Jambands.ca

jambands.ca FUNdraiser show Sat. Jan. 28 Kitchener

mark tonin

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll also see an item labelled "My Skank" in the row of buttons just above the ads above the topics (it's at the other end from "Skanks"). Click on this, and it brings up a menu, one item of which is "View Private Topics". This will bring up the list of private topics you're involved in (including any you've started), which can be read and posted to like regular topics; they can also be deleted when you're done with them. If you have unread items in a private topic, a flashing icon will appear beside the top row of buttons, too; you should also get an e-mail when a new post gets added to a private topic you're participating in.

Aloha,

Brad

PP, i would say, 85% she needs to pull some strings at work and take some unpaid time off, but she doesn't care about that....if she can't make it for the 28th, she'll still be here 2 weeks in February for sure. I think we should have a good ol' fashioned get together at chez Schwa. for her return.

I will be editing my initial post in this thread to provide updated information about the show, including ticket location info, the schedule for the night, etc.

I just edited the post to include a few ticket locations, with a few more to follow (Hamilton and Guelph) in the near future. It's always a good idea to call ahead to ticket locations, and if the person who answers the phone says that "we don't have any tickets" ask them if it's because they are sold out or they think that they aren't selling tickets to the show. If they say that they aren't selling tickets to the show, insist that they are. :) I find that sometimes the person working behind the counter or the bar sometimes isn't aware of where the tickets are, and they have to look a little harder to find them. I know it's frustrating to show up at a ticket location to be told that they don't have tickets, when in fact they do. It's happened to me.

If the person who answers the phone says that they are sold out, well that's good news to me! :) Let me know and I'll make sure more tickets get to the location.

Ok, so there are tickets for sure at the Lancaster Tavern and at Shakedown Street in Kitchener, because I dropped them off personally on Friday to those spots. Hamilton and Guelph tickets have been mailed, and I'll post when they are at the stores.

Peace, Mark

I just had a meeting with Eric Warren (Tungsten Gruvsten) about the show. In addition to lining up a bunch of donated sound gear and lighting for the show, he is going to try out some new recording equipment upstairs.

I hope that his recording experiment is successful! :);):)

Eric Warren rocks!

Peace, Mark

For your info, I just edited my initial post in this thread to include a specific band schedule for the night.

Given the number of people that we anticipate (or should I say hope :)) will attend this event, we've decided to run both stages at the same time. The only exception will be for the first 45 minutes of Diesel Dog's set. This makes sense I think, because they are a local favourite, and because after this gig they will be taking a break to do some recording. So here's one last chance to enjoy the band until they return, hopefully in the not-too-distant future and with a new release.

On another Diesel Dog related note, backbacon has created a cd sampler for this event, including a few Diesel Dog tracks from their last show at PJC in Hamilton. Wow, these songs (Animator, Helen Haites, Comes Too Far) are dripping with emotion. I think that all three of these are Diesel Dog originals, and I am once again reminded that this band writes excellent songs in addition to laying down such danceable grooves. May the Dog continue on for many years to come!

Peace, Mark

Scxhwa. your signature goes really well with what you posted!

This night is going to be one for the books! What a solid night of music in store! Everyone going should check out 'Chatham Band' scheduled to close the night out downstairs. I think we're in for a treat with these guys. Loads of talent.

Downstairs:

8:00 - 9:30 Harvard Mouse

9:30 - 10:00 Organic Groove

10:00 - 10:45 High Plains Drifter

10:45 - 11:15 Organic Groove

11:15 - 12:45 Diesel Dog

12:45 - 1:15 Organic Groove

1:15 - end Chatham Band

Upstairs:

10:00 - 11:15 What The Thunder Said

midnight - end (2 sets) Fat Cats