Jambands.ca

The Bob Files....*Now streaming Online*

Esau

I'm currently working on a collection of rare versions & takes of different songs by Bob & thought I'd share this amazing one with whoever is interested.

Bob Dylan

[color:red]BCB105 - [color:black]A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall

Live at the Great Music Experience, Nairra City, Japan, 1994, with the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Michael Kamen.

right here

Edited by Guest

Instead of starting a new thread I just edited the thread title....anyway, heres another sweet one.

[color:red]BCB110 - [color:black]Cocaine Blues (traditional)

Live @ the El Rey Theater, Los Angeles, 16 Dec 1997 (AUD), from the Love Sick CD singles, Europe and Japan only, 1998, on the Australian Tour Special Limited Edition of Time Out of Mind.

http://s40.yousendit.com/Cocaineblues

keep em the fuck comin!

tx

Will do, my pleasure actually. Since I'm slowly trying to catalog my Dylan collection (275+ shows) on a 360 GB HDD, I'm coming across tons of smoking shows & tunes.

Here's a few more anyway.

[color:red]Highway 61 Revisited

Recorded live at the "Woodstock '94" festival, Saugerties, NY, 14 Aug 1994, from the 1995 A&M album Woodstock '94.

http://s56.yousendit.com/Highway 61

[color:red]Blind Willie McTell

Live, Jones Beach, NY, 17 Aug 1997 (A), from the Love Sick CD singles, Europe and Japan, 1998, and on the Australian Tour Special Limited Edition of Time Out of Mind.

http://s45.yousendit.com/Blind

[color:red]Boots Of Spanish Leather

Live, SECC, Glasgow, Scotland, 21 Jun 1998 (A), from the Not Dark Yet/Dylan Alive Japanese CD singles, 1999.

http://s45.yousendit.com/boots

[color:red]Friend Of The Devil (Robert Hunter-Jerry Garcia)

Live, Club Rio, Las Vegas, NV, 1 Mar 1999 (A).

http://s61.yousendit.com/FoD

Cheers

:cool:

Part 2 - Duets etc....

[color:red]A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall

Recorded live at the Concert for Bangladesh with George Harrison, Leon Russell and Ringo Starr, Madison Square Garden, New York, 1 Aug 1971 (evening show). This performance also appeared on a 1983 compilation from Columbia Brazil, The Legend.

http://s46.yousendit.com/HardRain

[color:red]A Thousand Miles Behind [One Too Many Mornings]

Bob and Johnny duetting in the film and video Johnny Cash: The Man, His World, His Music, 1969

http://s46.yousendit.com/Toomanymornings

[color:red]Wallflower

Bob shares lead vocal and plays guitar for Doug Sahm on the Atlantic album Doug Sahm & Band, 1972

http://s46.yousendit.com/wallflower

So, Esau... when can I expect to be able to stream The Bob Files Shoutcast at my office?

Any chance you wanna become an online DJ like CyberHippie?

As soon as I figure how to do it.(no luck so far) LOL.

I still have a bunch of shows (mp3) that need to have the tags edited still, but currently theres about 15 GB SHN/FLAC & 8 GB mp3 (alot is the same as the data files) of Dylan on my hard drive,pretty much ready.

[color:red]Tears Of Rage (Bob Dylan-Richard Manuel)

Live, Madison Square Garden, New York, 17 Jan 1998 (A), from the Not Dark Yet/Dylan Alive Japanese CD singles, 1999

http://s62.yousendit.com/Tears

Ok, this ones for Stone Mtn.

Its only 24bit right now until I figure out how to change that setting, but thats a sunday gig, so until then its 24.

If anyone is interested in checking it out, heres what ya do.

[color:red]Direct link to stream >>> The Bob Files - Listen

-OR-

1. Go to www.shoutcast.com

2. In the "Search for" box type this (or cut & paste) : [color:red]The Bob Files

3. Tune in.

I only have it set to 25 listeners, as I doubt it will surpass 25 right now.

Some tracks still need their ID tags set so it comes up as "track 01" etc, most have the titles though.

There is over 400 songs on shuffle. All Dylan. All night (for now)

Thanks to Cyberhippie for the help & inspiration.

Cheers & thanks, tons of fun setting this up.

What is the name of 7 track 7 (is that Dead?) Good work my friend...this is fucking sweet!!!

[color:red]Oh Boy (West/Petty/Tilghman) - recorded with the Grateful Dead during rehearsals at Club Front, San Rafael, CA, Jun 1987.

I still have to edit a few discs so the track titles appear, slow process though.

Civic Center

Augusta, Maine

15 September 1978

1. My Back Pages (Instrumental)

2.I'm Ready (Willie Dixon)

3.Is Your Love In Vain?

4.Shelter From The Storm

5.Love Minus Zero/No Limit

6.Tangled Up In Blue

7.Ballad Of A Thin Man

8.Maggie's Farm

9.I Don't Believe You

10.Like A Rolling Stone

11.I Shall Be Released

12.Going, Going, Gone

13.Rainy Day Women # 12 & 35

14.True Love Tends To Forget

15.It Ain't Me, Babe

16.Am I Your Stepchild?

17.One More Cup Of Coffee (Valley Below)

18.Blowin' In The Wind

19.I Want You

20.Señor (Tales Of Yankee Power)

21.Masters Of War

22.Just Like A Woman

23.Baby Stop Crying

24.All Along The Watchtower

25.All I Really Want To Do

26.It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)

27.Forever Young

—

28.Changing Of The Guards

First concert of the 1978 US Fall Tour. 1978 concert # 50.

Concert # 27 with the 1978 World Tour Band:

Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar)

Billy Cross (lead guitar)

Alan Pasqua (keyboards)

Steven Soles (rhythm guitar, backup vocals)

David Mansfield (violin & mandolin), Steve Douglas (horns)

Jerry Scheff (bass)

Bobbye Hall (percussion)

Ian Wallace (drums)

Helena Springs, Jo Ann Harris, Carolyn Dennis (background vocals).

1, 13 instrumental without Bob Dylan.

5, 16, 22 Bob Dylan (harmonica).

15 Bob Dylan solo (vocal, harmonica & guitar).

Notes

· Live debut of Am I Your Stepchild?

· 25 broadcast partly by ABC-TV, New York, 7 January 1982.

· 26 broadcast partly by ABC-TV, New York, 30 September 1978.

BobTalk

Thank you very much. This is a song I wrote (…..) 1965. (before Love Minus Zero/No Limit)

Thank you. Thank you very much. That was Alan Pasqua on the organ. Steve Douglas on the tenor saxophone. (after Tangled Up In Blue)

(…..) the song that got booed at the Newport Folk Festival. This is called I Ain’t Gonna Work On Maggie’s Farm No More. (before Maggie’s Farm)

Thank you. We’re gonna take a short vacation. But we’ll be back after we’ve tuned these guitars. (before Going Going Gone)

We had a record out a while back, called Baby Please Stop Crying.

This is All Along The Watchtower, featuring our lone violin player.

(…..) he doesn’t smoke dope, doesn’t drink whiskey, he does not even go out with women. We don’t want him to, (…..) (after All Along The Watchtower)

Thank you. On the drums tonight, from England, give him a warm hand, make him feel welcome, Ian Wallace. On the bass guitar, a very fine bass player, Jerry Scheff. On the keyboards, Alan Pasqua. On the lead guitar, wild Billy Cross. Conga drums from Detroit, Ms. Bobbye Hall. On the rhythm guitar, a man who gave up a career as a scientist to join this band, Steven Soles. David Mansfield on the violin, mandolin and rhythm guitar. On the tenor saxophone a man who (…..), ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Steve Douglas. On the backup vocals three young girls, they have a great future, they’re pickpockets. On the left…..on the right, I’m sorry, my childhood sweetheart, Jo Ann Harris. In the middle my ex-girlfriend, Ms. Helena Springs, and on the left a very good friend of mine, Carolyn Dennis. All right, this is a song I wrote, recorded in New York City in 1964, It's Alright Ma, I'm Only Bleeding.

All right. We gotta head out now. Thanks for coming. Maybe we’ll see you again when we pass this way. I hope you’ve had a good time. (before Forever Young)

Mono audience recording, 130 minutes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[color:red]Now playing::

Hall 3

Scottish Exhibition And Conference Center

Glasgow, Scotland

2 February 1991

1.Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)

2.Lay Lady Lay

3.All Along The Watchtower

4.Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again

5.The Man In Me

6.Wiggle Wiggle

7.Bob Dylan's Dream

8.Mr. Tambourine Man

9.It Ain't Me, Babe

10.Don't Think Twice, It's All Right

11.Everything Is Broken

12.Gotta Serve Somebody

13.Seeing The Real You At Last

14.God Knows

15.In The Garden

16.Like A Rolling Stone

—

17.The Times They Are A-Changin'

18.Masters Of War

Concert # 267 of The Never-Ending Tour.

Concert # 4 of the 1991 Second Fastbreak Tour. 1991 concert # 4.

Concert # 4 with the 4th Never-Ending Tour band: Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar), John Jackson (guitar), Cesar Diaz (guitar), Tony Garnier (bass), Ian Wallace (drums).

5, 7-10, 17, 18 Bob Dylan harmonica.

7, 8 acoustic with Bob Dylan (guitar & vocal), Cesar Diaz (guitar).

9 acoustic with Bob Dylan (guitar & vocal), Cesar Diaz (guitar), Tony Garnier (bass guitar).

10, 17 acoustic with Bob Dylan (guitar & vocal), Cesar Diaz (guitar), Tony Garnier (bass guitar), Ian Wallace (drums).

5 new songs (27%) compared to previous concert. 4 new songs for this tour.

BobTalk:

That's off an old album of mine called Blonde On Blonde. Blonde On Blonde! This is from my recent album called ... something or other... (after The Man In Me (!))

All right, this one of my lesser known songs, but it's still one of my favorites so ... (before In The Garden).

Thank You Everybody!! That's a long song with an awfully long ending ... But it's over NOW!! (starts Like A Rolling Stone).

Thank you! On behalf of me and my band, thank you for coming out! (after Like A Rolling Stone).

Stereo audience recording, 85 minutes.