Jambands.ca

oh, how a day can change....

guigsy

so from the getgo this morning, it's been a shitty one - everything from a terrible coffee at 7am, to a shitty 2 and a half hour conference call that outlined how much harder im going to have to work to earn less this year, to immediately after going for a morning shit only to find someone pissed ALL OVER the seat, to somehow walking into a fucking tree, and finally an annoying bus ride home...

and then it all changed...

a package at my store... US Postage... SLIPGOODS ARRIVED!!!!

and in the package, the new Surprise Me, Mr Davis EP.. i went straight to track 4 (I Hate Love - you know it!), and as soon as Nathan started strumming, man, i cant even tell you the smile that grappled my face, the sheer elevation of spirit right in the cockles of where music hits you.

the SOUND on this thing is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! for those who dont know, they did it entirely analog, and plan to release the official album on vinyl only... though this is a cd, holy fuck can you hear it!!!!! it's like being right there with them!!!!

im only 2 and a half songs in - but a few thoughts....

1) the sound is so warm and enveloping

2) surprise me, mr. davis are a crazy fucking rock n roll band!! holy energy!!!!

3) im even digging this Poorboy!!!

i dont even own a record player, but i cant wait till the full album comes out!

thanks - thats all - im goin to pack a bowl in sink my teeth into the rest of this sexy bitch.

Guest Low Roller

Hey, at least you didn't lose $600K worth of sensitive simulation equipment somewhere in Dallas, and then had to explain it to your customer, who's located in India, why he wouldn't be getting the shipment today to his client's warehouse in Houston resulting in dire financial consequences.

That can really put a damper on your day.

Hey, at least you didn't lose $600K worth of sensitive simulation equipment somewhere

geez louise! My sensitive stimulation equipment don;t cost near that much!! I need to go to more upscale shops, apparently!

and guigs...I am so glad your day is looking up, because picturing you walking into a tree gave me a moment's grin today!

pissing all over the seat is nasty. sometimes is it really too much to switch the light switch on? i've lived with too many men and i'm jaded. nothing is worse than going into the bathroom in the middle of the night and falling into the toilet with a rim of pee. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

i'm glad your day was saved guigsy. mood changes from bad to awesome are awesome. :)

Guest Low Roller
enl02.jpg

It's cool stuff... if I can find it.

ummm...I don't actually find that very stimulating. sorry.

First of all it's simulation, not stimulation. I guess we know where your mind is at. ;)

Second, picture some crazy Winamp visualization on that spherical screen with 3D capabilities. Drop some acid and get ready to go on a magic carpet ride.