Jambands.ca

human anatomy

Calamity Jane

so lying in bed last night, I got an itch. Luckily my hands were right where they were needed, and without having to do more than flex my fingers, I managed to scratch it. Isn't it just amazing that the human arm length means that our hands generally end right around the area of our crotches? It just got Dave and I thinking....

I mean, if that's not Intelligent Design, as well as an argument for self-love, I don't know what is!!!!:P:P

You want something even weirder? Most golfers out there require the same length driver (42" IIRC).

The reason is that tall people (whose shoulders are further from the ground than short people) have longer arms, and so their hands end up at the same height off the ground as short people (whose shoulders are closer to the ground, but whose arms are shorter).

So not only were we deisgned intelligently, we were designed to make things easier on the sports equipment industry!

Aloha,

Brad

I think you're referring to a Sphynx cat. Siamese tend to have fur, unless they have particularly sadistic owners.

(Actually, I know of one regular domestic short-hair whose fur was green for an untold amount of time, due to his own sadistic owner ... who happens to be on this board...)

And thank Jesus we can touch our crotches.....All hail his noodly appendage, maties!

please be careful not to mix your metaphoric praises.

it's thank FSM we can touch our crotches, all praises be to our noodly master!

there was definitely some thought and design, though, given to what could reach that place, in order that we continue to be social and productive beings; because in the immortal words of Steve Martin, "If I could reach it with my mouth, I'd never leave the house!"

ps djmelbatoast...did you see my link in that other thread viz your FSM Pastarfarian Teeshirt wish?

I actualy did a report on the golden ratio for a physics class I took.

turned out that it is alot of bull, not barring unforseen variables.

alot of those ratios come fairly close but none was actualy right on. I tested myself and 4 of my friends and none of them had exact ratios.

I actualy did a report on the golden ratio for a physics class I took.

turned out that it is alot of bull, not barring unforseen variables.

alot of those ratios come fairly close but none was actualy right on. I tested myself and 4 of my friends and none of them had exact ratios.

it's not that maybe your measurements just weren't exact enough?

I mean maybe it is bull.. but then again, maybe you just need some insanely accurate measurements to really get the right ratios

A buddy of mine studied it in school and found it to be pretty true..

Personally, whether it's true or not.. I just like the idea of it