Jambands.ca

How HAs JAnuary Been For you?

headymamamyrna

I must say its been the best for me so far.

i usually hate January and can hardly make it through because of the cold and all the bills after christmas.

This year has been great,mild weather so heating costs are down and not a lot of snow to shovel and ice to scrape off the car.

Hope its been as good for the rest of you.

Its all down hill from now on.

I was about to write it off until I saw badams' new avatar just now, which put the month into perspective for me :). All these great new avatars make me question the wisdom (or laziness) of never changing my own (or my screen name, which I'll be the first to admit is getting a bit tired).

I have been kind of disappointed by the snow, having been promised that living in Ottawa we wouldn't know what to do with ourselves with all of the white stuff we'd have to wade through and struggle with all winter. I'm not yet at that place where I can toss of "global warming" to the kids as a reason why they can't yet jump off the roof into the drifts below.

There's that, and the election, too, which have been putting a bit of a crimp in my January. I have to admit, I'm bracing myself for the worst.

Spring is typically my favourite season, though, so I am banking on that a bit. Plus we've taken on skating as a family activity, which we've been liking a lot.

too bad your online imaging lacks longevity, Dr. Mouse.

Personally, I'm still as much of a tool as I was when I started here - even if that tool is used for seemingly innocent merriment and excitement. aah the joy my stick brings. With that comes drama and frustration...'the damn joystick didn't work! "i swear i pushed it like a million times but nothing shot out"

January has had little to do with my present state of affairs, and I feel as though the struggles I've fought are now succumbing to my persistent attack. Things are a bit rough for me but all in all it's been a decent month. Nothing really to brag about but very little to actually complain about - maybe it's easy to let myself get bummed about money and romance, but when I do that I get carried away and spend all of my time inside - that's no good. True, I haven't been able to concentrate and centre myself as much as I wish I could but I'm confident that things will change in time and looking back at this paragraph gives me enough reassurance...after all, not even a month ago i was feeling incredibly violent and annoyed...and for me that's really alarming even if a violent beats just wishes somebody would run him over with a car so he could justify beating the driver in the face.

from lows towards highs.

all in all a decent time. i've heard from a lot of people i didn't expect to on the phone and other correspondance. I'm glad to know that people don't always patronize me with fake friendliness and insincere salutations.

It was also amazing to get up to whistler for a couple of days and chill with Corey and Karina. Such a great time even if I didn't go balls out with a mountain experience.

So if i have to sum january up as a feeling it would be: gladly reassured

might seem a bit lacklustre but considering how tarnished 2005 got, all I need to do is keep polishing.

Edited by Guest
gotta give props

OK so lets not blame a lot on JAnuary but its still a horrible month.

On the positive side i decided last weekend to do something for someone so I made a homemade apple pie for the couple next door because during a horrible snowstorm in December he used his snowblower on my driveway which I appreciated so much.

So I take this hot apple pie and the wife answers the door.She said oh thank you so much and I will tell my husband that you made this just for him as its his birthday tomorrow.

How rewarding is that during the month of JAnuary?

Guest Low Roller

Wicked avatar Badams!!!

AHAHAHAHAHA

January has been a mixed bag of sorts for me. First of all this week-end is the first time I've seen sun since I got back to England at the beginning of the month. It's been such total depressing weather here so far. Grey. And only one shade of it. I get to work before the sunrise, and leave work after the sunset. I've been living in complete darkness.

Andrea has been studying non-stop for her exams since she got back, so that basically means that we haven't really had any quality time together since before Christmas. Only one week to go though.

Work has been absolute madness to the point where being stressed is normal. Our company just got sued this past week and our overall finances are shaky at best right now, so it's not a fun time.

On the flipside I'm missing the harsh Canadian winter as it's a beautiful 5 degrees and sunny here today. I just came back from a nice walk downtown where I bought myself a new wok and a brand new acoustic guitar. That last one is definitely gonna see some mileage.

Overall I'd say that I'm ok, and loving the challenges that life presents to me. Only one way to go, and that's forward.

Here's me saying no more posting and just sit and listen to The New Deal 01/08/02

Drinking And Postin Don't Mix. Calamity was right who ever she/he may be.

you aint got nothin to worry about if all you do in a drunk post is forget to use punctuation and ramble about music. This IS a music forum, after all (apparently)

My January just got better, waking up to a great lovely cascade of snow....soon we will be be jumping from the roof into drifts below!!! In my books, winter = lotsa snow. The wet mushiness of the past few days was quite depressing.

I've been quite pleased with January, and it's almost over! This is my first winter in eastern Canada. I love hot weather, so everyone kept saying last year when I professed my love for Ottawa, "just wait till winter". Well, I like winter too! (I did use to live in Whistler). Especially snowy days like today.

Anyway, I was in Cuba for a week last week in the heat and sunshine, which sure made January nice.

Only 2 months till spring!!!

:D

Anyone know where I can get some egg nog?

Oh man, on Friday Bouche and I saw it on sale at Hartmans. 4 x 1L eggnogs for $0.99. It made me shudder with fear.

I'm glad your January is going well Myrna. Mine is also. I've started on the journey I've been longing for by attending some classes at Algonquin. My job is going smoothly, Bouche and I have started talking about our wedding, we've been making some great music as of late and we're back in the gym, which just makes all other aspects of life feel good.

I can't wait for summer though. I think about Abbey running around the back yard chasing the sprinkler and long for those days to come. Bring on the sun already!