Jambands.ca

conservative minority

bouche

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup...the Ontario Harris regime writ large. I know a few people who packed up and moved west when he got in. But when the backassed bumpkins maddness is counrty-wide, where can we flee to?

I'm moving to the Turks & Caicos.

good to know...and just where exactly are those places? Do they happen to be those islands that asked to become part of Canada a-ways back? What ever happened to that request? Do we really have tropical islands as part of our confederation?

DEM - you lost me ???

Sorry - it's getting late' date=' and I'm getting lazy and sloppy. That's the abolitionist Wendell Phillips - "Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom." I've been looking at natural law in my ethics class and that ditty's been echoing around in my head for a couple of days (I'm too tired to get into what makes that a natural law sort of issue, so I'll leave it at that).

And then there's Professor Moody from the Harry Potter books - "Constant vigilance!"

Speaking of which, time to go read a kid to sleep.

[/quote']

sorry i missed this somehow. i don't really know who wendell phillips is, but i can say this, you post a lot of stuff DEM that I have to look up to see where you're coming from and i appreciate it. it keeps me reading and thinking and gives me topics of debate with my dad, who is somewhat of an academic himself. so thanks :)

yup...the Ontario Harris regime writ large. I know a few people who packed up and moved west when he got in. But when the backassed bumpkins maddness is counrty-wide' date=' where can we flee to? [/quote']

I'm moving to the Turks & Caicos.

good to know...and just where exactly are those places? Do they happen to be those islands that asked to become part of Canada a-ways back? What ever happened to that request? Do we really have tropical islands as part of our confederation?

i think back in the 70s some ndp guy tried to unite us with them but failed and then some conservatives attempted the same. i don't know exactly why they failed, but they currently belong the the UK.

It's actually the government of these Caribbean Islands that want to be part of Canada, as supported traditionally by the opposition parties of this country. They haven't been able to work out how we could provide them with both Canadian style policing as well as Universal Health Care... not to mention how we could deal with the "possibility" of massive drug smuggling. No nation is an "Island", if you dig me.