Jambands.ca

conservative minority

bouche

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, some of the races went my way. Peggy Nash, Olivia Chow, Paul Dewar, etc..

Was disappointed to see Ignatieff win. Wasn't disappointed to see McLellan lose. Called the indy (Andre in Quebec) and NDP seats about right on, highballed the CPC and BQ even while saying that I was highballing them because I hadn't taken the ballot box bonus into account (bigger bonus than expected, too).

I ain't afraid of Harper. Bring it on.

(been drinking all night, too. my opinion may differ tommorow once it's real ;))

Excuse my ignorance....I'm super bad with politics.

but since it's a minority....what does this mean?

We can have another election sooner then later if they do a bad job?

(hey bro, you'll be happy to know I voted)

(very) basically, they don't have the power to just pass laws and legislation and stuff as they please. If they had a majority, they would have enough seats in parliament to pass stuff without having to get the liberals or ndps to vote their way.

the scary part is that if they seem to be doing a good enough job for the next little while it might lull Canadians into thinking they're not the scary right-wing backassed bumpkins that they really are and that sets them up for a possible majority next election- bumpkins with power- yikes!

:(

the scary part is that if they seem to be doing a good enough job for the next little while it might lull Canadians into thinking they're not the scary right-wing backassed bumpkins that they really are and that sets them up for a possible majority next election- bumpkins with power- yikes!

:(

yup...the Ontario Harris regime writ large. I know a few people who packed up and moved west when he got in. But when the backassed bumpkins maddness is counrty-wide, where can we flee to? So friggin depressing. How quickly can they erase years of hard-won equality rights?