Jambands.ca

Where to get rid of good toaster?

Sunshine

I just discovered this website called freecycle that is pretty cool. Essentially it's a website devoted to keeping perfectly good items from thrown away. If someone has an item they don't need, they post up, and if you can cart it away it's yours. I think it's a great idea. I just signed up and am trying to get rid of some stuff around the house and find a desk...check it out

beat me to it fluffhead, i LOVE freecycle!!! i was just going to suggest that. im signed up for any towns surrounding hamilton, every now and again you can score large on there. awesome stuff.

sweet trades, also good to get rid of or trade off stuff you dont use anymore

freecycle is a cool idea/site...but I just found the sheer number of emails hell to keep up with (in TO, over 100 would arrive in my inbox daily).

maybe Bouche could set up a "give-away/trade" forum and we could do this kind of thing on a smaller scale .

Otherwise Sunshine, even Value Village claims to give part of its profits to charities, so it's all good no matter where you drop your stuff.

Oh...and a final suggestion would be to give it to a woman's shelter or drop-in.