Jambands.ca

Avril turns into a fashion whore! Yipee, get out the coke!

PimpDaddySweetPants

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If her next album is as good as the last one' date=' I'll still be a fan.[/quote']

Are you actually being serious here?

I personally absolutely love both of Avril's albums, especially the more recent of the 2 :P

(ducking)

Yup, I'm being serious.

I liked Wham! when they came out too. Took some flak for that in high school, lemmetellya.

Avril is really only following the direction of her svengali leader Chantal Kreviazuk. I kid you not, Chantal controls almost everything Avril does.

funny - I just read yesterday in National Post's entertainment supplement that Chantel Kreviazuk and Raine Maida have become a songwriting/producing Canadian powerhouse....Chantel writes songs for tonnes of pop artists including Avril, Kelly Clarkson, and many others that I can't remember. While Raine produces just as much. Interesting or NOT very interesting tidbit depending on how you look at it...but perhaps validity to the above mentioned mentor/control role. :)

Quick update on the Avril model front....

As most of you have seen by now, tyhe new cover for vanity fair is all hot and steamy with Scarlett Johanson and another starlett butt-naked spread out with Tom Ford clothed, posing with them.

Tom Ford was responsible for the shoot and the cover's layout and co-ordination.

Tom Ford is also the owner/pres. of the Ford modelling agency. The Ford modelling agency is the agency Avril has applied/signed-up with.

Me thinks, turtle necks and penny loafers amy not be what Ford has in mind for miss Lavigne.

pretty sure Tom Ford's is not the same "Ford" as in Ford modeling agency or associated. He's a fashion designer BIG WIG that used to be the creative director for Gucci. Responsible for clothing, perfume, corporate image advertising and store design. He is no longer with Gucci now - he is now the stylist/creative director for I thought Vogue but perhaps vanity fair - maybe the two mags are related....

Wikipedia: "Ford Models, Inc., is a modelling agency founded in 1964 by Eileen and Jerry Ford. It has represented Stephanie Seymour and Christie Brinkley."

....not that it really matters here of course

However as for the the cover of vanity fair it is sooo very racy. Was supposed to include Canadian Rachel McAdams but she was uncomfortable so Tom jumped in and saved the sexy racy photo op.

Edited by Guest

For real?!

again I apologize for this time and all the other times I feel the need to pass on useless facts regarding things I don't even care about....

I am working on it....its part of my job to read the paper everyday to look for competition ads (I sometimes get stuck in the 'arts and life' section) and I enjoy Maureen Holloway's banter with John Derringer on my morning drive to work....but her whole thing is to make fun of the entertainment news of the day - the delivery is funny but its filling my head with useless entertaiment industy crap....and now I as of late find myself spewing it in other peoples faces.

I will work on that!!!!

Kudos to Avril for being a sucessful Canadian - I don't enjoy her music really - its not my cup of tea - I think she has talent as far a a voice and she is cute...but I really don't care if she models or changes her image.

so I ask you...why do I bother to babble on and on about this? I DON'T KNOW!!!! SOMEONE help me.

happy friday

Edited by Guest

'...if your willing to use your ass (and I mean that literally) to sell commercial goods then you've really lost something of value. Self respect and dignity...'

i'd have to say that the fact that you can use your ass to sell commercial goods then you've actually gained some value.

self respect and dignity are personal. it just depends on what means you're using to sell those goods. if you're hot and try to sell natural products on the basis that it's good for the environment then that's a problem. if you're a beautiful person and a clothing company wants to show their goods off on your body then that's not a problem.

face the real world. you'll come to understand that it's not as overdramatic as you make it out to be.

If you want to lay blame then blame the sheep that are consumers. it's easier to criticize one scapegoat than a few hundred million average people that don't know any better.

• 3 months later...